I am going to make the sun shine for the next two or three months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clkrichard

Car
2011 CLC 220cdi 2004 CLK 320 cabriolet, R230 SL500, A class Sport AMG now arrived.
Tomorrow I go into hospital for a 6 hour operation to remove a tumour, shorten my oesophagus and relocate my stomach upwards. I cant say I am looking forwards to it, its not so much the actual operation more the initial few weeks after it. I will be in hospital for about 3 weeks and convalescing for 2 months or so. Full recovery will take about a year.
In the first two or three months I will not be allowed to drive so I predict brilliant weather and no roof down motoring for me ! l guess I could sit in the car on the drive with the roof down going " vroom vroom " !
I dont feel sorry for myself especially as I have a friend who was diagnosed at the same time as me with inoperable cancer. At least after my operation I will have a chance - he just has a finite amount of time.
Enjoy your Mercs my MB Club friends, you never know what is around the corner. I certainly didnt see this coming and am a non smoker, moderate drinker, who has never been ill in his life.
Hopefully I will be back on here in a few weeks.
Richard

All the very best and good fortune.

Mic

Best of luck Richard,i'm sure everything will go fine,wishing you a speedy recovery & some hot days out driving in the sun soon.

Fingers crossed for you.

All the best,

Gaz

Best wishes and a speedy and complete recovery!

Good luck with the operation. Keep "tuning in" to the forum ----may help pass the time during your convalescence. Hopefully we will have a good summer this year to aid your recovery. Be sure to maintain your nutritional status post operation. Lots of elementary nutritional products out there which may help. Just a question of finding some that suit you. No doubt the hospital will advise.

Look forward to seeing you back here with a report that all's gone well and you're on the mend.

Best wishes for tomorrow and beyond.

Aitch.

Best wishes from me too. Hope it goes smoothly and you're back out in the CLK as soon as possible.

Best wishes, hopefully the operation will go well and you should make a good recovery.

Plenty of time to post on MBClub - should help to keep you occupied! :)

Good luck with the operation and recovery.

Best wishes. So sad to hear your friend isn't joining the masses in the 'survivors club'
Stay positive and have a speedy recovery.

Wishing you the very best for a swift recovery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom