I am just not getting this, so apologies. Do these wheels fit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FlatLine

Car
W211 2006 E280 Cdi Auto Avantgarde
I have spent so long trying to find some winter wheels for my e280 avantgarde w211. 06 plate. Adverts say they fit, but when I check the fitment list it says not

I have found these:
The part was removed from:
MAKE AND MODEL: MERCEDES E CLASS W211 E320 CDI ESTATE AVANTGARDE
YEAR OF REGISTRATION: 05 REG (2005 YEAR)
ENGINE SIZE: 3.2 (3222 cc) DIESEL
GEARBOX: AUTOMATIC
FUEL: DIESEL, MILEAGE: 180,442 MILES
with part number A2214010202

When I check here:
They appear to be from a different car

To say that I am frustrated with the whole process is putting it mildly

Your help would be appreciated

Other wiser mimbers will comment on the exact spec, but the point that stands out is that these wheels carry an S class part number (prefix 221) and I’ve never seen S class wheels (these or any others) on a W211.

B55D7C66-2EDB-4CEC-BA4C-EDA2080BC1F6.jpeg

That wheel has a 43mm offset whereas W211 wheels have an offset of 38mm. At least, the standard wheels from my 2008 E280 Avantgarde have a 38mm offset.

This will show you the difference, assuming the same 245/45 tyres on both: offset calculator

Note "Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 5mm closer to the suspension strut" . I recently changed my standard wheels with a size which, according to the same site, puts them 3.3mm closer to the strut and I've had no issues at all.

So I would think you'd be ok but YMMV etc.

Those should fit your car without any problems. Being a narrow 17" wheel and coming off a similar W211 should ensure that.
Recommended tyre size is 235x55x17

The wheels I have on my E500 are the basic 18" wheels from a 2015 (and probably other years too) GLC. The size is 18 x 8J with an ET of 38. The only 211 OE fitment with that offset in the Alloy Wheels Direct chart is a 17 x 8.5J; the S211 OE 18 x 8Js have an offset of 30. The GLC wheels, with 245/40/18 tyres (OE 211 size on OE 18" alloys) I'd not have considered based on the fitting chart, but the ad said they were from a 211. They fit fine.

I used the offset calculator on the forum (at the top, second sticky down) to compare the old and new wheels. If you know the size, offset and OE tyre size of your existing wheels (first sticky if you don't), use the offset calculator to compare to the ones you want to buy with the tyre size you propose to fit.

For winter wheels you might want to search out some 16 inch wheels as fitted to the e220 and the elegance models with the v6 engine. The narrower tyre is better in snow and the tyres are a bit cheaper.

Thanks, Smiley, would you believe it? I've just spoken to someone with a set on his 06 e320 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom