I am planning to install an Android Stereo system on my C180 Kompressor(Petrol) - UK Right hand drive. Any suggestions or should I avoid doing it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bkebbay120

Car
C180 Kompressor Petrol
I am planning to install an Android Stereo system on my C180 Kompressor(Petrol) - UK Right hand drive. Any suggestions or should I avoid doing it.

It will most certainly be an upgrade. Do it

Reactions: GLK
We fitted one to our CLC, work really well 2 years on and does everything the more expensive units do and looks OEM! Would recommend highly!

Get a model-specific unit, highest spec you budget allows, preferably octa-core, 4GB RAM, 64GB NAND (which Chinese insist on calling ROM, even though it has nothing to do with Read-Only Memory, like CD or DVD), and latest Android OS (less important than the spec).

Just make sure you are buying from a reputable seller with UK warranty and return options, etc - these units can be hit and miss reliability-wise.
For what it worth, I fitted mine over three years ago and it has been flawless.

Which car do you have?

W203 pre-facelift (1999-2003)
or
W203 facelift (2004-2007)
or
W204 pre-facelift (2007-2010)

BTW, the RHD/LHD issue only affects the W204 facelift (2010-2015).

I would vote avoid. Cheaply made, unreliable and often don’t deliver what they promise. Most also look like something from the early learning centre. If you wNt more features look at Alpine. The quality is first class. As a reseller we have had zero warranty issues with Alpine.

We often get customers saying ‘I bought this Android unit, will you fit it please?’ We politely decline on the grounds that we have done in the past and when a customer finds it doesn’t do what it promised, they blame us. We would rather not have anything to do with such customer disappointment products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom