I broke my c270

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

julesd

I live in Tooting in South London very close to where mercservices.co.uk were until a couple of months ago. They have packed up and moved on now. My c270 is a 2004 and just the other night, on my way home, that big snaking belt that goes around the front of the engine snapped....

broken.jpg

I was lucky to be close enough to get home without the power steering (blimey that's a trick).

Anyway, my car is outside my house and needs a new belt. Anyone know how I can get this done without being charged two arms and two legs for recovery and stealership prices? Anyone know a decent South London garage that can help?

Google or local paper for a mobile mechanic? It's not a hard job (the belt that is) :thumb:

Last edited:
Thanks Ierton, I will give them a call.

And thanks for nothing flanaia1, people who respond like you kill all the good the internet has to offer :p

Thanks Ierton, I will give them a call.

And thanks for nothing flanaia1, people who respond like you kill all the good the internet has to offer :p

I meant the belt was not a hard job :doh:

As above, any mobile mechanic will be able to do this. I did my belt myself in under 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom