I broke my comand, please help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

larby

Car
W208 CLK 430, full AMG spec
Well it's not too bad, I took it apart to clean the lens and roller. Whilst I was putting it back together the CD mechanism pinged closed as though there was a CD in it. I managed to get it to stay back up again after investigating the mechanism, and made sure the little white posts in front of the rollers weren't up, but every time I put it back in the car these ping back up and now I can't get a CD in!
The screen says 'No CD', but the mechanism is set as though there is a CD in there, though there isn't. It also won't try to eject and therefore reset itself.

Any suggestions? I'm really tired of taking it apart and putting it back together for nothing. Should I try manually putting a CD in while it's apart so I can eject it when it's back in?

Cheers, James

Ah, yeah sorry it's a W208 with comand 2.0, really must update my profile now!

Cheers, James

Try pressing the eject button and HOLDING it in for about 10 seconds.

This usually sets the unit into a forced eject mode.

It may reset itself after that.

Ahhhh, that's a good plan, shame I've literally just taken it back out, fekking thing!
I'll pop it back in and try that before dismantling again! I did try holding the button before but probably only for about 3 or 5 seconds before shouting at it a lot!!

Gold star for you if it works!! :D

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom