I broke my telly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rose Chap

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus GS450h
In a moment of what can only be described as idiocy I managed to knock over my tv while doing some ill-advised dusting. This has broke the screen and while everything else seems to work fine clearly it's not much cop.

I've already replaced it with another on the basis it's not worth claiming on insurance, but does anyone know if this kind of thing can be fixed? If so how, where, and for how much?

89fdda0893d98c64aa7a6ee662ac5663.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be wrong. The cost to repair will outweigh the cost of a new telly. If it's a Plasma it is dead & gone, deceased. LED panels are also very expensive, then you have the faff of actually attempting to fit it. Most are bonded, requiring judicious use of heat guns and glue.

Looks like it's Donald Ducked to me. Screen would need to be replaced.

Dusting? :eek:

Yeah what's that all about?!?! Or is that a light euphemism for mid day frolicking???

Yip fecked, my old man used to run TV shops and beyond the old CRT modern displays are disposable and a great excuse to get the latest and greatest.

If you want a cheap one Tesco digital do a 50" technika for under £300. We have 2 of them and I'm highly impressed by them.

http://www.google.co.uk/shopping/pr...o3mTzC3EvFRudpSw8iGZDyjqc8HWIOUBoCeuQQAvD_BwE

The TV does go out of stock quite often.

Last edited:
Thanks gents. I have already replaced it with this.

Hard to find another 'small' TV with full HD capability, but the Samsung seems pretty good so far.

Who'd have thought my first post on MBClub for nearly 4 years would be about a knackered telly?

90% of the cost of a TV is the panel itself.

Once you've factored in labour cost, it's instantly blown the budget on a new, bigger and better TV.

Well, just goes to show how dangerous housework can be. That's why I never ever do it. Just the other day I HAD to lift my legs up whilst Mrs Ant pushed to hoover around the room. It was infuriating as she did exactly the same the day before. I even had to pause the TV because of the noise from the Hoover. :(

On a serious note looking at your replacement I didn't know you could get curved TV's in such a small size. They'll be making curved iPads next. :rolleyes:

Curved screens are being made smaller and cheaper to wring the last out of the craze.

High end manufacturers are steering away from them now. Their cons can outweigh the pros in a lot of circumstances.

Curved screens are being made smaller and cheaper to wring the last out of the craze.

High end manufacturers are steering away from them now. Their cons can outweigh the pros in a lot of circumstances.

They were a good idea for computer monitors where you're sat centrally and close enough for it to have the desired effect but an epic fail for TVs unless you're a sad lonely individual with your lazy boy sat in the sweet spot, three feet from a 65" screen :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom