I brought this ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you have chrome strips in your door handles?

If so, you already have comfort locking but its most likely your alarm system doesnt support window closure.

You could ask Brabus3.6 I believe he is a member...:)

Don't think it will work Paul :(

I was looking at it too and Ian (Mr. 124Works!) said it would not work on my W124 - I'm sure he will make like a bus (be along very soon.... :bannana: ) and comment.

He did tell me the nifty closure feature though - when you lock the car, keep the key tuned and it will close all the windows/sunroof should they be open! Of course, you may have simply read the manual in which case....:cool:

Regards

Steve

I do have the chrome strips in my handles but i have an aftermarket alarm (laserline 900), which doesnt actually work:crazy:

I'll have to sort that first, if so this gadget could be going back onto ebay!

cheers all

Paul

The convenience module plugs in under the back seat of cars with comfort circuitry, indicated by chrome strips on the door handles as Sp!ke pointed out. Turning your key to the lock position and holding it there should close all windows and sunroof. It is this wire (blue/white I think) running from the driver's (or passenger's or trunk) doorlock to the convenince module that a suitable alarm (i.e. a Clifford) with a timed negative output can latch onto to perform full closure when when arming the system. If your alarm has a timed positive output you can use a simple 30, 85, 86, 87 pin relay to reverse polarity :cool:

Not neccesarily .....

I have the chrome strips in my doors handles, but my car is not equipped with comfort locking ....

Are you sure it's not just broken Howard? I'm assuming you don't have a convenience module in your car under the back seat (bottom part) then? Maybe I trust these American Merc forums too much!

Brabus3.6 said:
Are you sure it's not just broken Howard? I'm assuming you don't have a convenience module in your car under the back seat (bottom part) then? Maybe I trust these American Merc forums too much!

Brabus,

Ive just realised it was you that I brought it off on ebay lol

badshot1uk said:
Brabus,

lol

badshot1uk said:
Brabus,

Where does it go again, I cant seem to find another unless im looking on the wrong place?

Its an estate so It could be somewhere else?

cheers

paul

Well Paul on my saloon it was under the back seat, bottom part of it which is held down by 2 red metal clips. I see no reason why it shouldn't be in the same place on an estate. It's on the passenger side, on the driver's side is the actual vacuum pump. No problem.

Still cant find it under the rear seats???

Is it because its an estate and the rears fold flat for extra storage????

Im snookered???

Paul

Is there anything under your rear seats? If your vacuum pump isn't there then they've both definitely been relocated on the estate. If your vacuum pump is there then I doubt your car was specced with the convenience function. Next time your at the stealers you can tell them you want to buy the convenience module and see where it comes up on their EPC. That's one way to find out where it is!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom