I can't find the write up for DIY - M271 $12 hose replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dmwc180

Car
C180
What happened to the write up can't get to.via here or web pagw

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes the 2nd link is the one, many thanks. Just been to get my car back from a service and I knew there is issue and suspect it's the breather pipe. But they are pushing me towards the MAF part first. Saying the electronics are saying that. But they did t
Say they tried a visual inspection and the hoses seemed OK. After seeing lo action of hose guessing you can't see that on any visual inspection

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That 2nd link won't open in Tapatalk but the first one will

Try opening the link on a home PC without Tapatalk. It works for me.

A split hose always throws a maf fault, to the trained ear you can hear the air being sucked into the split pipe under the air box.

A split hose always throws a maf fault, to the trained ear you can hear the air being sucked into the split pipe under the air box.

Or use old-timer's trick: get a long felxible tube, stick one end in your ear, and poke with the other end under the airbox (keeping clear of moving parts, beers, fans, etc etc....).

Thanks guys

My dealership said all the codes look like the MAF sensor . Som just going to
Order the pipe and investigate myself. And then if it's not the pipe get the maf sensor serviced,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't "service" the maf, it will be the pipe, maf sensors don't fail on 271.

Ok I understand you can get a new part for
It cheaper then the whole part from MB, went
To the dealer today and bought the pipe and clamps came to about £13 I'm in UK london. Just hopefully can get time this
Weekend to
Investigate and change it.

Ok found the instructions helpful, here's some picture of old pipe and new pipe

As you can see cable was fubar, noticed a marked improvement in my mpg on journey home compared to journey to there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom