I COMAND your assistance, please :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhysC63?

Car
E350 2015 9g AMG Prem Plus, previously C63
Hi everyone! Since I can't stop thinking about my C63, that's still 2 months away, I've started wondering about COMAND.

As I understand it from the MB website, all C63s come with COMAND as standard, the optional extra is COMAND online, which basically gives online connectivity for help with navigation, local searches etc.

So my assumption is that the standard offline version does have at least a basic sat nav system and all the usual audio/dvd/mp3 functionality - is this correct?

I've used several online navigation systems, from TomTom, Garmin and more recently using co-pilot on my android phone and I've always been very disappointed with things like online fuel prices, often being sent on wild goose chases to petrol stations that don't even sell petrol anymore, does MB have better sources for this data or does it all come from the same place?

Not investigated it fully as only had my 63 for 4 days but can go online through comand (provided your phone has internet capability). This was standard on the car, did not see an option for an 'online' one.

The online version is standard i believe. The sat nav i find is pretty damn good - petrol stations are shown on the screen as you drive. Havent used 'comand online' yet so cant comment.

Comand online doesn't work with an iphone, just in case you have one.

I found when in command, linguatronic works an absolute treat to be honest. Best sat-nav ever! In fact, the car (C63) is an amazing package too! Pity the fuel tanks capacity is only 14 gallons......:)

I found when in command, linguatronic works an absolute treat to be honest. Best sat-nav ever! In fact, the car (C63) is an amazing package too! Pity the fuel tanks capacity is only 14 gallons......:)

No....all the guys with C200CDI's think comand is a waste of money :D

I've started wondering about COMAND.

I've got Command in my C220. I've had it nine months now, so plenty of time to get an idea of what its like and I have to say it is brilliant.

The sat nav is very accurate. I recently needed to pick my wife up from Heathrow (200 miles away), then drive on to Gatwick. The directions were perfect to the point they got me straight onto the arrivals ramp at Heathrow. Needed a bit of help getting back home a week later and again it was excellent. Very clear speech and visuals. I've used it for the latter stages of other journeys to customers in unfamiliar areas and it's always been spot on. On a par (but better as its in car) with my Tom Tom Navigator which until this hadn't been equaled.

The music element (bluetooth/Media centre plug in/SDcard/radio) is impressive. Very easy to switch between each of them. Sound quality good and bluetooth music streaming perfect (no issues with connection). Good to have all the charging leads supplied in the car from new.
My kids like the bluetooth streaming too as I've let them connect their ipods so they can play at being DJ on longer journeys which keeps them quiet!

I'm most impressed with the linguatronic side of it. Once you train it up to your voice (takes a couple of minutes) and remember the word commands its very very good. Making calls is so easy. I've often come out of meetings, get my call backs then leave my phone in my jacket in the boot. (Doh!). Doesnt matter as long as it's in the car it's ok and will bluetooth for calls and media.

I haven't used the 'Online' element as I have an iPhone so it's not compatible. I'm not too worried about that to be honest. I'm getting a new handset in the next few weeks so might have a see what it's like if it's compatible, but it doesn't interest me enough to make sure I buy a phone that will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom