I Could Be So Good For You.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I remember watching Minder back in the day and laughing at the continuity, as SLE 71R was used on two different models of Capri, one being the older (Mk1) version.

The seller is not very forthcoming about why the Daimler (or 'Jag' as he also calls it) was given a new registration, in particular one which makes it seem 2 years newer (which is surely not allowed). Dare I suggest that this is not actually the car that appeared in the programme?

It is quite common for them to fit made up plates to cars in to series. Would like to see the provinence though for sure if I were a buyer. Dennis Waterman lives near my parents ..I wonder if he wants to buy them for nostalgia? :)

Police cars on The Bill would always have Swansea number plates, I assume because the DVLA were asked for spare plate designations.

It is quite common for them to fit made up plates to cars in to series. Would like to see the provinence though for sure if I were a buyer. Dennis Waterman lives near my parents ..I wonder if he wants to buy them for nostalgia? :)

I don't know if Dennis Waterman would be interested in buying your parents, but you never know.

I did email the vendor regarding proof that his car is indeed the actual one used in the programme, to which I got the response 'Google it mate', but in fairness a bit of probing suggests it might be the case. Seems a bit odd though that the Capri always seems to have kept its genuine plate.

In view of the fact that at least two Capris have used that plate you do have to wonder how much filming (if any) this one actually saw and the old hat and coats could have come from any charity shop / jumble sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom