i defected to ford but now I'm back

BenRichardson

Car
Mercedes c250 sport plus
hi all,

went over to a Mondeo titanium x sport 200 rdci for a few months.....

complete let down and major agro so took a hit and bought a c class again and love it.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
I wish.
Welcome back.

I spotted a 62 plate Mondeo Titanium X Sport TDCi running at 200BHP and wondered if they were much cop these days.

The Mundano I had was a facelift 96 model which was crappy but alright as bangers go. Did have lots of mechanical issues with it but I put that down to age and manufacturer... :D You don't mind so much when it cost you £900.

What did you not rate about it and / or what failed on yours?

OP
OP
B

BenRichardson

Car
Mercedes c250 sport plus
I bought the Mondeo from an online dealer who promised it was in a1 condition had loads of agro, 4 new tyres needed, defective cvv joint changed under warranty etc etc etc
even after all these issues were sorted it still didn't drive like it looked ( is a good looking motor) engine was all torque with no revs and the suspension was under damped.

Shiznmatt

Car
C-Class 350 cdi
I nearly bought one of them to replace my st tdci but dealer wouldn't give myself & partner a test drive till we sold the st, thankfully he done us a favour as we now have a c350.

OP
OP
B

BenRichardson

Car
Mercedes c250 sport plus
I know my c class is a year newer but you can't even really compare the cars, the only thing the Mondeo can compare on is steering feel.
rest is in a different league on the Mercedes

kianok

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E220 AMG line premium plus coupe
Welcome back......

I have driven one of our reps Mondeos and didn't think it was that bad to be fair.

John Jones Jr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mazda MX5 10AE, W201 2.5-16, W202 230K Sport man, Honda Accord & Suzuki 'Ricer'.
I'll happily admit I'm a fan of the Mondeo and have driven a fair few miles in one - lovely steering as already mentioned above, nice chassis and seemed to handle very well. Good size too. I've even been tempted to buy an ST some time back.

Edit: Welcome back.

Spin_bowler

MB Enthusiast
Car
LR Discovery, Audi A4 Avant, Smart For Two
I did 75k in a 2007 2.5T Titanium X. it was OK, fully loaded, reliable, fast enough with risible fuel economy, but I don't remember it with much fondness which probably speaks volumes.

krisby

Car
W203 C320
I had an ST220 wagon for 3 months. It handled amazingly for a FWD car and the engine note was brilliant, but the fuel economy was dreadful, 21mpg was my average whether I pootled or punched it. Had a couple of niggly issues with it too, one of which I found 2 hours after picking it up from Ford, the night before a drive to Castleisland in Ireland, had to take the wifes Saab in the end.

Overall was not satisfied and worried about its fragility, and like my Vectra SRI, I will never buy from that marque again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom