I DID IT!...(W208 'easy entry' seat fixed)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stayluckydave

Car
C220 CDI Sport Estate
:D :D :D I can't believe I did it!!! :D :D :D

For all those people out there with a faulty 'easy entry' seat (mine's a W208) here's how I did it...
I tried many combinations but finally I found one that worked. I can't guarantee it will work for you but it's gotta be worth a try.

1. open the car with the key fob and open the passenger door without putting the keys in the ignition.
2. move your seat forward (mine was the passenger side) and when it gets to it's furthest position, keep pushing the button and hold it for 3 seconds...then let go.
3. move the seat back to it's furthest position and again keep holding the button for 3 seconds...then let go.
4. move your seat forward again (don't worry this is the last time!) to it's furthest position and hold for 3 seconds...then let go
5. return the seat to it's normal position.
6. lift the 'easy entry' lever and hey presto! :rock:

Please let me know if this works for anyone.

David

ahh yes the normal procedure for setting any memory setting on MB's... sunroof, windows etc etc..

I didnt know about the seat one so well done!

just move seat fully back and fully forward 2-3 times, resets it.

Good find, Well done..

Good old Mercedes, like to make things nice and easy

Is this only relevant for Memory/Full electric seats or partial as well?

:D :D :D I can't believe I did it!!! :D :D :D

For all those people out there with a faulty 'easy entry' seat (mine's a W208) here's how I did it...
I tried many combinations but finally I found one that worked. I can't guarantee it will work for you but it's gotta be worth a try.

1. open the car with the key fob and open the passenger door without putting the keys in the ignition.
2. move your seat forward (mine was the passenger side) and when it gets to it's furthest position, keep pushing the button and hold it for 3 seconds...then let go.
3. move the seat back to it's furthest position and again keep holding the button for 3 seconds...then let go.
4. move your seat forward again (don't worry this is the last time!) to it's furthest position and hold for 3 seconds...then let go
5. return the seat to it's normal position.
6. lift the 'easy entry' lever and hey presto! :rock:

Please let me know if this works for anyone.

David

THANKS SO MUCH DAVID!!! I have a CLK 320 which had the same problem. I followed all your steps and IT WORKS!!!!!!!!! It´s incredible!!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS SOLUTION!!!!!

Best regards,
Eduardo

hi my turn to look stupid today what is the easy entry seat thingy i have a clk 320 convertible sport would this apply to mine also many thanks

hi my turn to look stupid today what is the easy entry seat thingy i have a clk 320 convertible sport would this apply to mine also many thanks
Only if you have electric memory seats. It pulls the seat back and steering wheel up when you take the key out of the ignition. Returns to previous position when key put back in and door closed. If you have elec/memory seats it can be activated via the display menus.

Only if you have electric memory seats. It pulls the seat back and steering wheel up when you take the key out of the ignition. Returns to previous position when key put back in and door closed. If you have elec/memory seats it can be activated via the display menus.

Should work with passenger part electric as well for easy access into back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom