I DID IT!...(W208 'easy entry' seat fixed)

stayluckydave

Car
C220 CDI Sport Estate
:D :D :D I can't believe I did it!!! :D :D :D

For all those people out there with a faulty 'easy entry' seat (mine's a W208) here's how I did it...
I tried many combinations but finally I found one that worked. I can't guarantee it will work for you but it's gotta be worth a try.

1. open the car with the key fob and open the passenger door without putting the keys in the ignition.
2. move your seat forward (mine was the passenger side) and when it gets to it's furthest position, keep pushing the button and hold it for 3 seconds...then let go.
3. move the seat back to it's furthest position and again keep holding the button for 3 seconds...then let go.
4. move your seat forward again (don't worry this is the last time!) to it's furthest position and hold for 3 seconds...then let go
5. return the seat to it's normal position.
6. lift the 'easy entry' lever and hey presto! :rock:

Please let me know if this works for anyone.

David

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
ahh yes the normal procedure for setting any memory setting on MB's... sunroof, windows etc etc..

I didnt know about the seat one so well done!

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
just move seat fully back and fully forward 2-3 times, resets it.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
Good find, Well done..

un1l

Car
CLK 230K
Is this only relevant for Memory/Full electric seats or partial as well?

EDVTEC

Car
Ferrari 348 GTB, CLK 320 W208
:D :D :D I can't believe I did it!!! :D :D :D

For all those people out there with a faulty 'easy entry' seat (mine's a W208) here's how I did it...
I tried many combinations but finally I found one that worked. I can't guarantee it will work for you but it's gotta be worth a try.

1. open the car with the key fob and open the passenger door without putting the keys in the ignition.
2. move your seat forward (mine was the passenger side) and when it gets to it's furthest position, keep pushing the button and hold it for 3 seconds...then let go.
3. move the seat back to it's furthest position and again keep holding the button for 3 seconds...then let go.
4. move your seat forward again (don't worry this is the last time!) to it's furthest position and hold for 3 seconds...then let go
5. return the seat to it's normal position.
6. lift the 'easy entry' lever and hey presto! :rock:

Please let me know if this works for anyone.

David
THANKS SO MUCH DAVID!!! I have a CLK 320 which had the same problem. I followed all your steps and IT WORKS!!!!!!!!! It´s incredible!!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS SOLUTION!!!!!

Best regards,
Eduardo

markymark45

Car
CLK 320 CAB E240 ELEGANCE RANGE ROVER 4.6 VECTRA 1.8 EXCLUSIVE PICASSO 7 SEATER & LWB TRANSIT VAN
hi my turn to look stupid today what is the easy entry seat thingy i have a clk 320 convertible sport would this apply to mine also many thanks

GP801

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2003 W209 CLK, 2005 R171 SLK in UK, 1995 S124 E280 in Italy
hi my turn to look stupid today what is the easy entry seat thingy i have a clk 320 convertible sport would this apply to mine also many thanks
Only if you have electric memory seats. It pulls the seat back and steering wheel up when you take the key out of the ignition. Returns to previous position when key put back in and door closed. If you have elec/memory seats it can be activated via the display menus.

Lockking

Car
W208 CLK320 Cab/Jaguar 3.0 S Type/W208 CLK 430 Cab
Only if you have electric memory seats. It pulls the seat back and steering wheel up when you take the key out of the ignition. Returns to previous position when key put back in and door closed. If you have elec/memory seats it can be activated via the display menus.
Should work with passenger part electric as well for easy access into back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom