I did something stupid/silly/brilliant...oh god my wife is going to kill me!

Did I do something really stupid?

• Yes - you are an olympic standard muppet

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • No - you will look totally cool and who really cares about money anyway?

Votes: 75 85.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigyank

Car
E320 sport W211
What the hell, you cant take it with you eh?:devil:

I am now the proud/nervous/scared/ecstatic owner of my beast.

it s a 1989 560sec with 105k on the clock.

She'll need some work, and I have to work out how to get her from south London to Blackpool, but all in all I am pleased, but also frightened s***less!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• mySECa.jpg
    mySECa.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 550
  • mySEC2b.jpg
    mySEC2b.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 549
Looks OK....

Let's face it, you were never going to rest until you bought one, so your wife should be happy that at least you'll stop fidgeting now :)

PJ

Nice one!!! isnt that what wives are for? I regularly get battered by my Mrs for buying any sort of car parts or for buying my W124. You can rest assure that if your wife is gonna kill you for this purchase then it is quite the norm and you have a normal wife. Good luck.

Looks good, pretty mint on the outside...Good luck :p

yeah - good point, I'll use that when I finally tell her......... gulp!

Only problem is, instead of obsessing about finding one, now I will obsess about getting parts and getting it A1.

Oh well, a guy needs a hobby eh?

Looks good, pretty mint on the outside...Good luck :p

Well on closer inspection there are 7-19 areas that need touching up, and the wheels need refurbing. But out of the 12 cars I saw this one was overall the best (I hope!).

Now I need to get it up to Ian, and wait for the phone call that starts with "I have good news and not so good news............"

And just how much have you put aside for fuel for this merry jaunt to Preston..?

The car does look a pretty good example.

I couldn't vote because both options apply..

And just how much have you put aside for fuel for this merry jaunt to Preston..?

The car does look a pretty good example.

I couldn't vote because both options apply..

PMSL - very good.:D

Well, I reckon its just under 300miles. So if I take a day off, and do it myself then £80 of petrol should cover it... maybe. However, I am currently getting some quotes for transporting it.
The problem is not so much getting it to Ian, its then getting me back to Sheffield. And it may be with Ian for at least a week as it will also go to the bodyshop there for some work.
You see my predicament.

Anyone know a good car transporter?

Congrats!!!. Nice car

Theres another thread in the "off topic" section of the forum about Life insurance. Maybe you should get some before you go home and tell her

i am sure your wife is going to be very understanding ,just as long as you understand you will be "paying" for this for a long time:devil: :D

nice car too

Last edited:
Did you check the rear prcel shelf for rust ?

i am sure your wife is going to be very understanding ,just as long as you understand you will be "paying" for this for a long time:devil: :D

nice car too

As wife's are so understanding I presume that if JPSkiller comes home with a nice 300E-24 you will just smile sweetly and make him wash dishes for a week? :rolleyes:

(Paul - Dishes for a week? Small price to pay:devil:)

Oh dont I know it!

Still - the CLK is 'hers' but seems to be funded entirely by me, as was her SLK, so I hope it wont be too bad.
I am anticipating a force 10 for the first few hours, and then silent treatment for the rest of day one. Days 2 -6 will probably involve above average doses of sarcasm and jokes about 'old man's cars'.

If it all gets too much, I can go and sit in 'The Enterprise', rev the engine and listen to the sweet V8 :rock::rock::rock::rock:
- until I have to walk to the petrol station for a refill!

well done, I have been watching your posts with interest, and glad to see that you have finally found one.

If she is anything like my wife, she will moan when I buy it and then not let me sell it a few years down the line, as she has grown attached to it.

Did you check the rear prcel shelf for rust ?

Rust-wise there are about 6-8 spots around the car (front wings, a few on the rear arches etc) but the rear window is 100% (no de-lamination) and no rust underneath. Also no signs of previous water ingress in the boot.

Everything works apart from the air con (Just a re-gas I think) and the cruise is a bit temperamental. Other than that, seats, mirror, aerial, abs, belt extenders, windows, sunroof etc etc all work correctly - for now.

The wheels need doing and I reckon a few days in a bodyshop to get her gleaming. Also I just remembered some of the windows are scratched so will need replacing.

My middle age has crept up on me as I am actually looking forward to washing and polishing it - almost as much as driving it (to the petrol station)!

Good news, i had one for a few years great car. Enjoy.

It was inevitable.. Welcome to the older MB club! Car looks good in silver and black

Hope the AC is just a regas.

I think there is a thread on here somewhere about cleaning the cruise linkage - on mine it surges occassionally, I live with it as I don't drive on the motorway that much.

Window scratches might polish out - I have that on the passenger windows, needs new seals but is on the not urgent list along with bodywork, wheels and stereo..

Look forward to hearing your progress on the rolling resto. Lets see if you can run an old gas guzzler as a sensible daily car.. ;)

Ade

Well done on the recent purchase, car looks good and I'm sure once you've fettled it, it will be a great example :cool:

Will

And I'll have a £1 bet that the air con isn't going to just be a 're-gas'

(I hate that phrase!! :crazy: ) :eek:

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom