I don't think my CL500 likes the colder weather...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amwebby

MB Enthusiast
Car
CL500
... at least I hope that's all it is.

Twice now, when the temperature is -5 or less the locks on my doors have stubbornly refused to lock using the infrared key or the keyless go key. Once I drive the car and they automatically lock at 5 mph, all functionality is restored. I'm guessing it is an electrical fault caused by the cold weather?

More worryingly and also twice now, when I put the key to position 1 COMAND tells me it is shutting down unless I start the engine. I checked the battery and it is fully charged and less than a year old.

Immediately after this, when I do start the engine, I get EPS and ABC warnings telling me to visit the workshop. Once I cancel them the ABC light comes on and everything appears to work fine. I haven't tested EPS by giving it some welly on icy roads because that might be fatal but everything seems to be OK.

Is this just another electrical fault triggered by the cold weather?

Might be - put the key in my 270 this morning and even before I turned it on I had a 'License Plate L Bulb' warning - Lights not even on! Turned off and on again, started fine with no warnings! Was -5 too.....

... at least I hope that's all it is.

Twice now, when the temperature is -5 or less the locks on my doors have stubbornly refused to lock using the infrared key or the keyless go key. Once I drive the car and they automatically lock at 5 mph, all functionality is restored. I'm guessing it is an electrical fault caused by the cold weather?

Strange, i have the same problem have to now lock and unlock the car by pointing key at drivers door handle. Although i had this problem before i thought it had cleared itself, but the cold weather seems to have brought the problem back again. Secondly, my ipod now keeps crashing after several minutes of play, i have to stop and restart the car to get it going again. Like you not sure if its just the cold weather or some dreaded expensive electrical problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom