I don't want Silver Paint or Black Leather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Igurisu

Car
911 Turbo
[rant] So difficult to find something that is not sliver/black or black/black, or even anything/black.

Merc owners love black leather, why is it so popular? I've had black leather in the past, too hot when the sun comes out and looks like a funeral parlor ! ! !

[rant over] :D

black looks clean and needs minimal maintenance, generally cars I own have black leather, company cars always had grey or light beige/cream

Mercedes didn't really offer any decent alternatives unless you wanted to pay through the nose for Designo interiors.

On the whole the choice is Black or very light grey. The Black doesn't show the dirt and matches the rest of the dash/trim.

They need to spend a day sat in Jaguars to understand what other colour options are available.

No silbver or black

I don't plan to ever change from metallic silver. My experience during 14 years of this colour is that in more than 60 years of motoring this is the best car at NOT showing the dirt!. Now so far as black interior is concerned Ibelieve that is practical - the dashboard does not get reflected in the screen. My arctic grey does. Risby

I remember a young radio 1 DJ talking to a caller last year about the new dog she bought, and I laughed when the DJ's first question was 'what colour is it':rolleyes: but then, I'm just a petrol head:D

I really like the Chestnut leather available in current cars. I suspect people only order grey or black leather for resale reasons.

chestnut2.jpg

i order a car a year generally.

Being boring/not bothered about going to the hassle of choosing colour I always opt for silver and black with Mercedes.

It makes a car sell so much easier, especially when they are still young and high value.

I'm just 40 now and worked out the other day I've had 11 new cars and by far silver is the colour that shows the dirt least of all. Black and white are the worst.

For interior black looks nice but does tend to show the dirt. BMW grey interior is the best for hiding dirt. However all leather interiors age quickly except black, the worst being white/cream leather in a 911 I had about 10yrs ago. Even after a year it was showing wear on the drivers seat

I like silver, but a black interior can feel a bit average, where as if it is a nice quality interior a lighter colour highlights this. I have had loads of black interiors, just think the Mercs suit some of the lighter interior.
Problem is, most of the colour on them at the moment look really cheap, they just don't look like leather.

I always thing you're best to buy what you like, if it is less popular there will also be less of them out there when you sell, so although you have a limited amount of buyers they also have less choice, so sure it sells just as well.

My tongue was firmly in cheek when I made the post :) Obviously it is a very popular combination and each to their own.

Its just that I don't want that exterior or interior so by the time I've filtered them out of my searching it doesn't leave me much left to look at.

On saying that, I'm in negotiation at the moment for a car with a black & capuccino interior..............at least its not all black :p

I bought my car from MB Direct and I almost felt sorry for it! It's Titanite Red which is fine for me as I generally always chose burgundy or blue colour company cars - however it was about the only car they had in the whole place which wasn't silver or black.

I also love its light grey interior - it's bright and cheerful inside. Yet the salesman apologised it wasn't black and I said "yes, that's a shame" and he knocked a bit more off the price!

Had a black land rover with cream leather and even though I have my own cleaning company it was a nightmare to keep clean. In the end it was easier to let it get dirty than trying to keep it clean. Once cleaned there is no better IMO for 40 odd days a year.

Currently have a silver with black and thanks for the tools I keep, it gleams most days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom