I fancy a new wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
What waxes is everyone using? Christmas is coming and I'm being told, 'I don't know what to buy you' so I fancy a new wax. Thing is I already have quite a few waxes...

Collinite 476 & 845
Dodo Juice - probably about 4-5 different ones including Supernatural
Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax
Finishkare F1000P
Simoniz Gold (classic! :) )
Meguiars Gold Class Wax
Meguiars #16

There's probably a couple of others but can't recall for now. I just fancy something that's fairly durable, easy to apply and buff off as well.

I have heard good things about Autoglym HD wax. I'm a fan of Dodo Juice waxes purely for their ease of use so wasn't sure whether to go for one of their Hybrids.

I've tried one of the Swissvax waxes, all £70 of it for 50ml, won't buy it again! I'm happy with AG HD, easy to apply and buff off, last time I bought some was about £25 off Ebay.

I am not using wax any more too painful on the legs :rolleyes:

Just started using Fusso Coat which i'm very happy with. If i get the missus drunk enough over christmas i might be allowed to order some Zymol Carbon Wax

I've tried one of the Swissvax waxes, all £70 of it for 50ml, won't buy it again! I'm happy with AG HD, easy to apply and buff off, last time I bought some was about £25 off Ebay.

Must admit I wouldn't go for the Swissvax route. Sadly with detailing there is an inclination to assume that the higher the price the better the product. Sadly it's not always the case and there's plenty of good products about for very reasonable prices. :)

I'm certainly more and more tempted by the HD wax. I recall when it was launched and it seems to have remained very popular.

I am not using wax any more too painful on the legs :rolleyes:

Not getting a festive bikini line then! haha

I'm certainly more and more tempted by the HD wax. I recall when it was launched and it seems to have remained very popular.
I've tried HD wax and it seems more filler than wax. It works ok but doesn't last and doesn't give a particularly good gloss finish.

The point I was trying to make was if this was to be a gift one might wish to receive something one wouldn't normally buy, or use. Just something a bit 'special' ?

I know what you mean. :)

Although to be honest, I've got so many waxes that another is a bit frivolous anyway haha

Just started using Fusso Coat which i'm very happy with.

Or you could try their "King of Gloss" product which is ridiculously cheap and leaves an awesome finish. Not a true wax, in that it's synthetic, but certainly behaves like one with the beading. Just don't leave it on too long (or too little) before buffing, or it can become a bit of a challenge to remove.

My favourite at the moment is: Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid.
Very easy to work with and lasts well.

Save ya self a bundle
Just buy a Magno finished Merc
Or have a Matt PPF install[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]
1b1d7b5f85bd38fb7d559fec690238c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d recommend in2detailing crystal ceramic wax, epic wax for its price! Would easily match the high end waxes in regards to application and protection..

Or you could try their "King of Gloss" product which is ridiculously cheap and leaves an awesome finish. Not a true wax, in that it's synthetic, but certainly behaves like one with the beading. Just don't leave it on too long (or too little) before buffing, or it can become a bit of a challenge to remove.

I was going to give it a go but went for the fusso coat in the end, king of gloss could be next in line once the fusso coat runs out.

Given that 99% of the paint finish is achieved from the preparation/polishing process there will be very little discernible difference between the products applied for the protection coating. Carnauba-based waxes are generally favoured by owners of darker coloured cars because of the perceived warmth and depth produced at the expense of an extreme gloss finish. Lighter coloured cars fare better with synthetic sealant-based waxes which seek to maximise reflectivity. Beyond that, choice is dictated by ease of application, longevity of the protection plus a massive dollop of "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome. There is absolutely nothing wrong with dropping a huge amount of coin on a boutique wax if it releases those endorphins for you. It is no different to paying several hundred pounds for a spoonful of fish eggs if that brings you joy.

If you enjoy the finer things in life then try putting this on your list to Santa: Zymol Vintage Glaze

My GLC is Hyacinth Red and this is my current favourite at £42 for a large 210ml pot: BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax

My GLC is Hyacinth Red and this is my current favourite at £42 for a large 210ml pot: BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax

Toobad - give this a go next time around as its absolutely epic on red cars Victoria Wax - 3oz Concours Wax

Agree with the above comments in it all being about the prep. For an easy to use but really good general wax you cant go far wrong with Bilt hamber Double Speed Wax. Also Collinite 476 or 845 are very durable for winter application.

The waxes you have are all pretty good but maybe try a 50ml pot of best of show swissvax wax as the quality and gloss is very special but small on in margin on the waxes you've already tried. otherwise it may be time to try ceramic coating for a longer durability (gtechniq/gyeon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom