I found my C63 - What Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maha

Car
Suzuki Alto
My mate has a C63 (he is a car dealer) which I have fallen in love with. Wow he has had a lot of enquiries about it but said if I can get the cash together will hold it for me for a couple of weeks.

He can do a P\X but price is so low so will sell to we buy any car if I cant get the money soon as they are giving a decent price for car.

Anyway before I plunge into this, what are the main issues I need to look out for. The car is a very good price so want to make sure nothing dodgy is going on.

Thanks

If the seller's your mate, then nothing should be going on..:D
I had mine for a year, the only faults were 2 alloy wheels (19") cracked. 1 front fog lamp failed, oh and it consumed vast quantities of fuel...
if you're a petrolhead, its definitely one to own.:thumb:

Ha Ha ok mate is a bit strong then but good acquaintance, we have boughut family cars of him below, I just want to make sure the price is not too good to be true. I love my s class but it just is not me, I need a beast. Should have not listend to wife and boughut it in the first place.

£17500 but maybe able to push price down 89000 miles what you think

I take it it's on something like a 2008/9 plate?

Sounds handy money though to be fair.

maha said:
£17500 but maybe able to push price down 89000 miles what you think

£17,500, that's the cheapest one I've seen. There's nothing to think about - as long as it's Hpi clear - could be cat D as has been suggested?

Unless you're on a budget, buy it and drive it as often as you can but bank on new rear tyres every 5-6000 miles (£350 a pair) and around 15-20 mpg, maybe less at first as you won't be able to drive it sensibly, unless the wife is in the car, of course.

Sounds too cheap I would be very cautious!

Put it this way I recently went to look at a 70k mile C63 on an 08 because at the time it was the cheapest non CAT D on the trader at £20950.

It was the biggest load of rubbish I've seen and the engine was knocking where the exhaust was loose. When I questioned the dealer he said he would get it looked at.

He swiftly removed it from sale online it then appeared in another dealer in Northern Ireland.

I looked at a couple of rough ones. £17500 won't buy you much that's even below trade!

If its too good to be true...... etc etc.

I once told a mate I had seen a Ferrari I could afford (I think a 348??).
He advice was brilliant - if you can''t afford to run a new one, you definitely can't afford to run a cheap one!

That said - you never know.

Sounds dubious at that price. As has been said already, HPI check the car and if possible get someone who knows C63s to take a look at it too.

My mate has a C63 (he is a car dealer) which I have fallen in love with. Wow he has had a lot of enquiries about it but said if I can get the cash together will hold it for me for a couple of weeks.

He can do a P\X but price is so low so will sell to we buy any car if I cant get the money soon as they are giving a decent price for car.

Anyway before I plunge into this, what are the main issues I need to look out for. The car is a very good price so want to make sure nothing dodgy is going on.

Thanks

Any updates? Be interesting to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom