I got a passanger drive in a W204 C180k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
And I have to say I was very impressed, refined, comfy (although the seat seemed set too high). The girl who owns it says it drives perfectly (and she had a Boxster S before).

It was a 6sp manual, though, although it had a hold assist thingee so the foot operated parking brake wou;n't be an issue. I'd go for a 220cdi auot iwth leather and be done.

It was an elegance model but she didn't like the grill so ditched it for a sports one. :crazy:

I think I'll replace the E with one in 4 and a half years time or so. It was a really nice size of car.

Hmmm.. Mercedes Manual... like mixing Polo's and Coke-Cola....

Don't you mean brushing your teeth with Aquafresh and then eating half a packet of Trebor Extra Strong Mints, pouring a 2 litre bottle of Coke through them?

Painful.

I drove an SLK200 manual last year, and I was expecting it to be terrible, but was pleasantly surprised, Ok it was not as slick as a gearbox from the dark side, but it was fine.

Why do they have such a bad rap?

I would though still have the Auto, and perhaps that is the problem, the MB auto is so good, why would you have anything else?

You answered your own question....

the MB auto is so good, why would you have anything else

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with a manual, but, if you get my drift, why have a bacon sarnie without sauce? Mercedes are renowned for their autoboxes, so why bother with a manual at all?

Because there are some people out there who are real drivers, but like mercs too. so they go for the sarnie without the sauce :)

I have always preferred manual. The manual in mine is spot on really. I agree the autoboxes probably are a real nice bit of kit, but I like to be the one deciding when to change gear ;)

Love my manual gearbox no different to any other manual I've had on other cars.

Remarks about Mercedes could not make a manual gearbox is a load of rubbish I get good MPG from mine which has turned out to be a bonus regards petrol prices,I change gear when I want not when the car tells me to which is always to early

I never use mine unless I'm getting out of the car anyhow, so don't mind wy wierd handbrake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom