I had to change brakes PPP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brunty88

Car
C63 PPP
So I had to chance the brakes after a track day and high speed event
I put new pads on before the track day
Maybe done a total of 800 miles
Pads and discs are MB PPP sets
I also put new pins in the calipers as the old ones bent on removal and although I straightened them out i wanted new ones.
Discs and pads with sensor £869 from eBay (plus another £175 for another set of pads)
Pins £40ish from mb plus the discs screws

New vs old

Last edited:
My front ones went the same as yours with the breaking up of the material so, as I had a few long runs to do, I also swapped them out for new as I didn't fancy a chunk of lining material flying off. They weren't down to the sensors but just didn't want to keep having to cross my fingers. :)

Pad.jpg

They looked a lot worse than this in real life. :(

Ferrodo DS2500's are more than adequate for track/street/high speed events.

I had the same pads in my RS6 wieghing in over 2 tonne and 700+ bhp round croft circuit.
did an easy 10+ laps with no fade whatsoever.

It did have massive 410mm AP racing discs and AP 6 pots on it with Radi Cal R4 fluid.
But its all in the pads, so again i really cannot complain about how good they are especailly when a new set is around £250 for the E63

But i know the C63 uses the same 6 pot Brembo callipers so pads be the same.

Ferrodo DS2500's are more than adequate for track/street/high speed events.

I had the same pads in my RS6 wieghing in over 2 tonne and 700+ bhp round croft circuit.
did an easy 10+ laps with no fade whatsoever.

It did have massive 410mm AP racing discs and AP 6 pots on it with Radi Cal R4 fluid.
But its all in the pads, so again i really cannot complain about how good they are especailly when a new set is around £250 for the E63

But i know the C63 uses the same 6 pot Brembo callipers so pads be the same.
Did you not find the DS2500 super dusty?

Last time I used a set the wheels were covered by he end of the street. Exaggeration but you get the idea.

Stop great and with no squeal though!

Sure I had DS2500 pads on a Integra and they were really dusty. Great bite though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom