I hate e'bay today !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gadget1960

Car
Suzuki GSXR 1000
As title suggests ... I bought a genuine used Mercedes bonnet emblem (3 pointed star) for my w210 51reg as it just had the flat laurel badge and I preferred the star. I bid, won and waited 3 weeks for it to arrive !! it eventually came and to be fair it was in perfect condition & looks almost brand new, then I noticed it has no fixing ring so is pretty useless at the moment, the seller then tells me tough ... you bought it like you saw it and then said ....'I didn't know anything was missing off of it' ! and suggested I fork out for a new clip. :wallbash: As said ... I HATE E'BAY !

Just give the seller negative feedback and forget it.
I just wasted £4 99 on one of those mini camera's with mic. It's as useful as a chocolate fireguard but you get what you pay for.
ECP sell genuine bonnet stars for under £25. I think I paid £21 for the last one I got.

Why do you hate eBay? They didn't sell you anything...

Can't you create a case against the seller saying it's not as described?

Last edited:
As i-Conica said, raise a case for not as described.

Buyers fault for not asking the right questions.

If you wanted a fixing ring, you should have asked the seller before purchase.

Sounds like you probably got what you paid for but if the item really is not as described you can raise a dispute through eBay. They generally tend to side with the buyer in these cases. If it was me, I would probably put it down to experience and move on.

Caveat emptor - assume nothing...

Don't blame ebay, you are fully protected as a buyer, open a case against the seller, he will have to refund you and the seller has to pay for the return postage as well.
Buyers cannot loose. I sold a perfect model car, the buyer even left me positive feedback, then 2 weeks later demanded a refund as he no longer wanted it, ebay found in his favour and I had to refund not only the purchase price, original postage cost but also had to pay for him to send it back. Sellers have no protection. Eddie

If it was a Buy It Now item you have the protection of the distance selling act - you have a period in which to return item for refund without needing any reason. Auction purchases do not have this protection.

If it was a Buy It Now item you have the protection of the distance selling act - you have a period in which to return item for refund without needing any reason. Auction purchases do not have this protection.

The regulations changed last year, not sure whether applies to individuals as well as business.

I got loads of stuff free from ebay by claiming the seller was wrong. :rolleyes:

It works every time. :D

Don't you understand that you just have admitted a criminal offence??? In offline world it's called shoplifting.

tec said:
I got loads of stuff free from ebay by claiming the seller was wrong. :rolleyes: It works every time. :D

Was that a 'tongue in cheek' comment?!?

Would certainly hope so...

You are joking aren't you?

Yes, but I have never had to return any faulty or incorrect items I received from ebay sellers, as the seller either did not reply, or agreed that I did not need to return the items.

Yes, but I have never had to return any faulty or incorrect items I received from ebay sellers, as the seller either did not reply, or agreed that I did not need to return the items.

Ah, that is a bit different to your first claim. No problem with that:thumb:

As said, eBay are fully on your side, always.

About 6 months ago, I sold a faulty iPhone with an accurate description of the fault, exactly what functionality the phone does offer, and what functionality it doesn't offer due to the fault. I had several good quality photos (the phone was physically in perfect condition).

The buyer raised a case against me (I had 100% feedback up until then) as the phone wasn't as described apparently and he won.

He obviously thought it'd be a cheap fix and when it turned out not to be, he wanted out and eBay obliged...

Raise a case, it's a cheap item, you'll get your money back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom