I hate e'bay today !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I more like Amazon
g.png

Noy sure just ask a question . You see what you get in the listing read it if your not certain ask. Then if not happy dont purchase it. Yesterday i wanted an internet security by norton .I found one that gave no information just a box in the listing .So i ask the question ,do you know if its a disc or what .He said he had no idea weather it was a disc or not .So i said can you just open the bottom and look ,then re fix the box he said no.I can see why ,then it would not be new if the box had been opened He told me to wast someone elses time, so i past on his sale. I said if you dont know whats in the box who do you think would know.

I bought a new replica star and it fell apart when putting it on the car! Seller had the item removed for infringement of copyright anyway but it taught me not to buy cheap (was about £7 and mostly plastic)

I then bought a used but genuine one, fitted perfectly and actually looked in place on my 15 year old W210, new one would have been too shiny! :)

Kind of get what you are all saying but he was breaking the car so why on earth would you remove something that clearly has an integral part and not include it in the sale?? the reason I didn't ask if it had the fixing clip is because it should have been totally obvious that it is part of the badge!!
Only reason I bought it was it was advertised as (as new and genuine MB) and to be honest it is in perfect condition, it's just missing the fixing part which I find really odd.
It would be like advertising a near mint condition bike for sale and forgetting to mention it doesn't have a chain!?
It just didn't occur to me to ask the question 'is it complete with it's TWO components !! Derrrr.
Oh well ... live and learn eh? and just to be clear .... I am not one of those e'bay scammers who regularly claim from un suspecting sellers, I lost a £150 watch to one of those bas***ds who put in a claim against me when they said it hadn't been delivered even when I had proved to e'bay that it had been sent to a different address from the one they were claiming from !! quite clearly a scam and I lost out!

I think you are in the wrong, and if you put a claim in your are as bad or worse than the seller.

You bought the star not the fixing bracket, what you 'think' should be included is irrelevant. what was stated in the ad is what is relevant.

If you claim you are being a con man, and all those who suggest you claim are the same.

You have made a mistake.

Contact the seller and ask if they can send you the missing piece.

I think you are in the wrong, and if you put a claim in your are as bad or worse than the seller.

You bought the star not the fixing bracket, what you 'think' should be included is irrelevant. what was stated in the ad is what is relevant.

If you claim you are being a con man, and all those who suggest you claim are the same.

You have made a mistake.

Calm down there mother Theresa, I never said I was going to make a claim, I just mentioned that I was not pleased with e'bay at the moment, my view is that anything sold should be 'fit for purpose' unless stated as parts missing / broken / incomplete etc: (which it did NOT state) and now I have accepted the fact that I will have to lose out. So when you have finished judging me and other forum users take some time to read the post properly and try not to be so quick in jumping to conclusions !

Contact the seller and ask if they can send you the missing piece.

Have contacted him and his reply was .... it had a clip but was lost between him taking it off and listing the part, so in my view he knew it was incomplete and failed to mention it. It's not the end of the world but it might have been worth a mention before I bid.

to be fair it was in perfect condition & looks almost brand new, then I noticed it has no fixing ring so is pretty useless at the moment, the seller then tells me tough ... you bought it like you saw it and then said ....'I didn't know anything was missing off of it' ! and suggested I fork out for a new clip. :wallbash: !

Caveat emptor - assume nothing...

Kind of get what you are all saying but he was breaking the car so why on earth would you remove something that clearly has an integral part and not include it in the sale?? the reason I didn't ask if it had the fixing clip is because it should have been totally obvious that it is part of the badge!!
Only reason I bought it was it was advertised as (as new and genuine MB) and to be honest it is in perfect condition, it's just missing the fixing part which I find really odd.
It would be like advertising a near mint condition bike for sale and forgetting to mention it doesn't have a chain!?
It just didn't occur to me to ask the question 'is it complete with it's TWO components !! Derrrr.

Calm down there mother Theresa, I never said I was going to make a claim, I just mentioned that I was not pleased with e'bay at the moment, my view is that anything sold should be 'fit for purpose' unless stated as parts missing / broken / incomplete etc: (which it did NOT state) and now I have accepted the fact that I will have to lose out. So when you have finished judging me and other forum users take some time to read the post properly and try not to be so quick in jumping to conclusions !

I read your posts and took from it that you have made a mistake,I judged that on what you have posted, which I stand by. At no point can I see where the seller has done anything wrong. You even say it is two components. What i said was, if you were to make a claim you would be the con man making a bogus claim, which again I stand by.

Your rant is based on your expectations and what you thought you were getting, which I agree with, yet your expectations and thoughts aren't necessarily what you are getting. maybe if you post a link up to the ad with the description and pictures we could better judge the situation, but based on what you have said I personally don't see what the seller has done wrong, or you at this time.

I am the one who is calm and not ranting over their own mistake:rolleyes:

So angry keyboard warriors on here these days that automatically go into, attack thread starter mode.

What's wrong with peeps on here of late. Such anger and gang bullying mentality. Take it easy folks and don't get so wound up over absolutely nothing.

The guy bought a part in good faith. It was not as described. He was rightfully ****** off and wanted to vent this. End of story. There's no need to gang around the chap and rip him to pieces.

I think that was aimed at me.
I didn't attack or rip anyone to pieces, I was pointing out that if he followed the bad advice being given then he would be as bad as others if he were to follow that advice.
I simply didn't follow the herd in blaming the seller in this instance.

Yes he was/is understandably aggrieved, but that doesn't mean that he was conned or the seller is a bad person.

eBay is a minefield, we all know that, there are enough posts and topics about it on a daily basis on here and most other forums. To assume something on eBay is a mistake, check,double check and triple check what you are bidding on.

I think that was aimed at me.

Why?

Why are people here so reactionary and feel the need to be so defensive? That was aimed at you by the way:D :thumb:

Why is this thread(and many others like it)so important in life that makes people get so animated and angry? :confused::D

Posts and threads get so over analised. and dissected. Peeps take false personal offence at innocuous posts, never intended towards anyone in particular. Etc etc etc.

Why bother? None of this intnerwebnet **** is important. Save your real emotions for your family and friends:thumb:

so why do you and the OP think i'm angry? And could you point out my attack and bullying? The way I see it is, you've seen the OP's reaction to my post and automatically assumed that I said something out of line, where I haven't, all I have done is disagree with other posters and cautioned the OP.

Surely you see the fact that your post was about me, that you are doing exactly what you don't want:crazy: you've called me a bully and an angry person:D

People misinterpret text speak. I'm not angry or wound up in the slightest, I never had a pop at anyone, the people doing that were the folk saying claim from the seller(having a pop at the seller).

I don't follow the crowd like most, I read the posts and in my opinion most people were wrong and just sticking up for the OP because he is a member of this forum, I looked at it from a non biased angle(the opposite to most and not the reply the OP wanted so he got personal). If you read back you'll see there is no anger or malice from me anywhere, I did my long multiquote because i'm on nights bored! and also why i'm taking the time to reply here.

At what is the point of these threads? why is it reactionary and defensive to offer an opinion? we've all posted threads and not had the replies we want. Isn't that the whole idea of 'General Discussion'? To have a discussion or debate?

Personally I find it funny when folk get all wound up and high and mighty,I never ever get angry or serious about others replies, yes I may take the time(because I have plenty!) to write a long winded response.

Why bother? same reason you chose to put your two penneth in;)

Maybe I should put more smiley faces in :D:thumb: as i mean no offence:rock:

Good idea. The forum is supposed to bring us together - not tear us apart. :thumb:

And so it did; most of us felt that the OP had made a reasonable assumption about what he was buying, and that the seller had been less than forthcoming - particularly since he subsequently admitted that he had lost the clip...

What would I have done? E-mailed the buyer stating that the clip was lost, and offer to reduce the price accordingly. I suspect most of us would have done the same.

If I ordered a bonnet badge I would assume it would be capable of being fitted to the bonnet.

I do not think this because I am a member of a forum, or the threadstarter is the same...but just because I think this would not be an unreasonable assumption.

If I ordered a bonnet badge I would assume it would be capable of being fitted to the bonnet.

I do not think this because I am a member of a forum, or the threadstarter is the same...but just because I think this would not be an unreasonable assumption.

+1.

A bad faith seller selling broken & unusable parts. Open an item not as described claim, send it back 'signed for' & you'll get a refund. Ebay is always on the side of the buyer.

Oh well ... live and learn eh? and just to be clear .... I am not one of those e'bay scammers who regularly claim from un suspecting sellers, I lost a £150 watch to one of those bas***ds who put in a claim against me when they said it hadn't been delivered even when I had proved to e'bay that it had been sent to a different address from the one they were claiming from !! quite clearly a scam and I lost out!
Would have been removed from someones car, and the clip left inside of the bonnet

Wow ! this thread was never designed to cause a reaction from anyone on here, it was me mearely sharing an experience I had with an e'bay purchase, my view was/is obviously very different from a few people on here, I wasn't asking for support or opinions and I wasn't venting my anger, it was just a very minor rant and that is ALL. Although I do appreciate the support from the more 'open minded' few that have added there views to the thread (thanks peeps), and as for the others who are getting all bent outa shape over this.... There is probably an undiscovered species of monkey in the depths of the amazon jungle that cares more than me about what you think !! I couldn't give a flying monkey F*** about your views right / wrong or otherwise, if you don't have anything constructive to say.... then resist the temptation to type and come off as a petty billy no mates.
Wouldn't mind this thread being closed Mods if you agree, some people are taking it far too seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom