I hate Potholes, I just broke a wheel.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All three were severely buckled.
I actually took car back to dealer as I sensed the steering was out of balance. I thought i'd perhaps just lost some balance weights !
That's why I was asking. I've driven a lot of cars with very low section tyres and never had anything like this before.
I'm a genuine car enthusiast. I even avoid roads that are dirty !
My big concern is it'll happen again !!!

I managed to get Hertford Council to pay for new tyre on CLK (17 inch Sport Spec) (lucky the wheel was o/k) . They will bounce back your claim as a matter of course 1st time, and hope you give up. You need to request from them when the road was last inspected. Take photos and look out for chalk or paint marks near the hole it's a good indication they were aware of the hole, which helps your case. Good luck

I have had 4 stone chips, 2 repaired, 1 windscreen replacement and latest one only happend on Friday over a 2 year period. I have also had several hits where there was no damage on the same short stretch of the A13 between Dagenham ASDA and the Ferry Lane exit. I always thought it had something to do with the wind turbines at the Ford factory but after this latest incident I looked out in traffic and noticed a lot of stones by the side of the road on that short stretch.

I have evidence of my insurance claims with 2 being only 4 days apart in 2008. Imagine 2 stone chips in a week at almost the exact same location. Can I claim this from the council cos if this happens to my Merc, someones going to have to pay for a dealer replacement of my windscreen.

The roads are very broken up here, so bad some of them that your steering can be deflected.

Always pays to keep the thumbs outside the wheel so to speak.

Due to the broken up surface lots of stones loose to play havoc with the underside of the car, (rust??) and the paintwork + windscreen.

A few more extreme winters and lack of proper investment in the roads (urban areas now like mini assault courses for a normal car), I will consider an ML as they'll be almost track like.

ML420cdi, Mmmmm, that will bring back summer.

Ths may sound unbelievable but 13 days after my post on here, I have now got a stone chip on my Merc on, you guessed it, the same darn stretch of road on the A13. thats 5 major incidents in 2 years. I just had the man from Autowindscreen fix the latest one on my Pug on Friday. It feels like a dream to me. This cant be bad luck, can it?

It is a very small one with no webs. Very very small indeed that I may not have known it was there if it wasnt for the fact that I always listen out for any stone hits when I am on that stretch of road. I dont even know what to do.

I just found this on the internet.

Road debris often strikes a windshield and creates damage in the glass
Hint: If your rock chip looks like a white speck in the glass and has no dark areas, then this should not be repaired. It is only a nick.

Like I said it only very tiny (smaller than a pin head) and its a white speck in the windscreen so I will not have it repaired. The last one on the Pug was also a nick according to the information above. However the previous ones were proper star and combination cracks.

I replaced the front knuckles just less than a year ago. Running over sleeping policemen broke it again with hic hup noise.

What the procedure to claim from the council?:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom