I hate selling cars!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
Just put my M5 up for sale, it has some faults which I have listed in the advert, but as usual the low ball offers come in. Its up cheap, but I aren't taking £1500 less! Jokers!!!!

Relax, ignore, they do not matter

Breathe deeply now.

There are stupid people in the world. They are not your problem.

4ca3c9f8c9711ef4de20eefc652ba6d3--yoga-dog-dog-doing-yoga.jpg

Hahaha, thats awesome.

I used to just break my cars to sell in parts as it was less hassle than dealing with the 5k cash today brigade lol

Just put my M5 up for sale, it has some faults which I have listed in the advert, but as usual the low ball offers come in. Its up cheap, but I aren't taking £1500 less! Jokers!!!!

Too many people watching Wheeler Dealers and thinking they can offer 3k when the seller's asking 5k.

Too many people watching Wheeler Dealers and thinking they can offer 3k when the seller's asking 5k.

"Old aat yer 'aaaaand" It is true though, everyone wants something for nothing.

Refreshingly honest advert.

Good luck with your sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers, I tend to be as honest as possible when I am selling a car, saves further hassle afterwards.

A bit off topic , how does the M5 & E55 shape up in MPG, Town & run etc ?

Maybe it is just me but I would not dream of giving £6.5K for a 16 year old BMW.

Maybe it is just me but I would not dream of giving £6.5K for a 16 year old BMW.

Seems about right what the Op is asking for going on the price of them on ebay and description

The big issue when trying to sell a high end car with mechanical 'faults'. That will:

a) Put off most.
b) Those in the know will either
(1) want a bargain
(2) know the price of fixing it

We see it on here almost weekly , where AMG's are offered with mechanical 'faults' that the owner "never got around to fixing". I bought one with a "just a side light bulb or an earth mate" fault. £600 later and new front & rear SAM and my side lights were fixed. Then we moved onto the "aircon just needs a re-gas" £1000 later a new compressor and condensor + drier and the AC was fixed.

A "stutter" at idle could be many cheap fixes or huge great bill.

This is not me having a go. Just sharing my experience.

I hate buying and selling cars too, whether its dealer mis describing cars, or buyers refusing to actually pick up the phone and call, preferring to text or e mail only!

The E39 M5 is a great car, and I'd say that the price seems OK given it's condition and mileage.

If I might, I'd give the car a quick wash, especially the wheels, get a bit of tyre black on the tyres and take some new pics, no offence intended.

A bit off topic , how does the M5 & E55 shape up in MPG, Town & run etc ?

I'd say the M5 is a bit better tbh. It has a manual box and doesn't the s/c drawing on it. The M5 is the better drivers car though

lol, the E39 M5 is a modern day classic is a better drivers car than my E55. These cars value's are on the way up as they are the last of the analogue M5's.

Seems about right what the Op is asking for going on the price of them on ebay and description

Cheers Gav. I've owned 2 of these with a total of 4 years under my belt, I know the market well.

The big issue when trying to sell a high end car with mechanical 'faults'. That will:

a) Put off most.
b) Those in the know will either
(1) want a bargain
(2) know the price of fixing it

We see it on here almost weekly , where AMG's are offered with mechanical 'faults' that the owner "never got around to fixing". I bought one with a "just a side light bulb or an earth mate" fault. £600 later and new front & rear SAM and my side lights were fixed. Then we moved onto the "aircon just needs a re-gas" £1000 later a new compressor and condensor + drier and the AC was fixed.

A "stutter" at idle could be many cheap fixes or huge great bill.

This is not me having a go. Just sharing my experience.

Very valid, and I would feel the same, hence the price of my car. If the faults were fixed it would be a £12k + car, and while I have the money to spend fixing it, I don't really see the point when I would only break even on my expenditure, if that makes sense.

I hate buying and selling cars too, whether its dealer mis describing cars, or buyers refusing to actually pick up the phone and call, preferring to text or e mail only!

The E39 M5 is a great car, and I'd say that the price seems OK given it's condition and mileage.

If I might, I'd give the car a quick wash, especially the wheels, get a bit of tyre black on the tyres and take some new pics, no offence intended.

I cleaned and polished it yesterday LOL. The wheels I cleaned but missed these parts (not sure how as I went over them all with a wheel brush and pressure washer :D

Never looked into the e39 m5 but £6500 that's alot of car for the money, can't believe what you can get nowadays for that cheap......mental

Hope sale goes well mate.

Thanks mate. I sold my last one with no trouble. This has only been up for less than a day, so I know it will sell, just could do without the messers.

lol, bit of both really.. I have had 3 reasonable offers on it. I may take the lower of the 3 as I know the guy and don't he will mess me around (£6300).

lol, bit of both really.. I have had 3 reasonable offers on it. I may take the lower of the 3 as I know the guy and don't he will mess me around (£6300).

Sell it, not worth messing around for couple hundred get it gone mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom