I have a disease….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interestingly, if the Alloy Wheels Direct sticky is correct turbines were never OE on the R171. An 18" AMG III variant was, but one of the local cars has them, and while I really liked them on the S211, I don't think they suit the R171.
I think this is them

There’s a whole list of things I’ve let go over the years and wish I still had. One that immediately comes to mind is a Mk1 Scirocco GTi I had, white with red interior. At the time it was just a nippy car, but goodness you never see them now. Wish I still had it. Just a bit left field compared to the much more common Golf GTi it was based on. Good idea for another thread. “Cars we should have kept”
Would have an S211 back in a heartbeat. Nothing wrong with my S204, but the S211 were in a class of their own. Just so "right"

Would have an S211 back in a heartbeat. Nothing wrong with my S204, but the S211 were in a class of their own. Just so "right"
Yeah, I have one of them too. It’s my daily. Absolute epitome of a workhorse.
image.jpg

I think this is them

How very odd. If you go here: Mercedes-Benz Fitting Chart and Wheel Fitment Guide | Alloy Wheels Direct

hit Ctr+f Search for R171 go to the list

they don't come up. Possibly that's because they've been NLA so long that they've stopped listing them?

Those on the black SLK with the door open are quite smilar to the 18" AMG III that does come up. I'm not sure they're an improvement on the turbines on the SLK, though.

(That's an impressive collection of Mercedes, but you are more diseased than I realised; there is a BMW in front of the ML... :eek: )

Last edited:
How very odd. If you go here: Mercedes-Benz Fitting Chart and Wheel Fitment Guide | Alloy Wheels Direct
hit Ctr+f Search for R171 go to the list

they don't come up. Possibly that's because they've been NLA so long that they've stopped listing them?

Those on the black SLK with the door open are quite smilar to the 18" AMG III that does come up. I'm not sure they're an improvement on the turbines on the SLK, though.
They are 17”. They are identical to the ones I have on my CLK too. I doubt they’d fit over the six pot calipers on the r171 though. There may be an 18” version of those.

Absolutely. If my last one (pic in this thread: https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/s211-changed-the-wheels-better? 264943/ - for some reason I can't copy and paste it; aren't computers wonderful...) had been Tanzanite Blue, I'd stll have it, but I was seduced away by the colour scheme of CLS, which is near enough to Tanzanite.

I don't regret buying the CLS - half the mileage, faster, more economical, some useful extra toys, a touch quieter - for one minute, but still, the S211 just looks so right. I think those wheels I fitted are just right, too, but sadly, they're off a GLC and wouldn't fit the CLS - the offsets are all wrong, and I can't be doing with spacers.

Last edited:
Nice cars - you'll have to bring a couple down to Partridge Green for the show/meet in the summer.
Depends if Andy at PGM is gathering Caterham’s for the show. It’ll be a difficult decision…
52459795-A80-B-45-B2-B1-C1-2-CE6-DF0-FD473.jpg

I’m afflicted with that particular malady as well.

Bring the S211 and I'll liberate it...... : :banana:

SLK looks fantastic especially on those alloys...

. Good idea for another thread. “Cars we should have kept”

Now that would be fun. Owned a few mk2 Sciroccos, but still miss the B2 Passat GL5. Had two of them and still think was one of the best gearboxes ever used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom