I have bought a Maybach 57! What do I do with it??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Congratulations on getting a car like this at a relatively young age! Please don't tell me that is your house in the picture!

Can I be so bold as to ask the question (which I'm sure others would like to know too!) what was the ballpark cost for something like this? Cheeky I know, but "He who dares wins Rodney!"

Cheers
I bought it on Collecting Cars, I won't disclose price yet incase I sell it, but it was cheap, however it does need some attention.

So, the car was in Switzerland...
Very nice spec
yes it spent some time in Switzerland, 1 family owned car.

Amazing car!
Congratulations!
My S class would look like a C class if it was parked next to it as they are such a big car

Dude forget the Maybach for a second ...... You have an SLR 722?! 😍 My guy!!

Ok the Maybach, why don't you just keep it as a long journey cruiser? I borrowed my pal's S65 AMG for awhile and I was actually missing it today! The cooled massage seats in particular 😋 On top of that, as far as royalty goes, I reckon every business deal you attend will probably go in your favour 😎
722 is a weapon! I love it, I never drive it because I have 2 small kids but its one of the stand out cars for me from Mercedes. I guess I could drive myself to meetings and hop in the back, and get out like I was being driven. Dumb and Dumber style.

Looks lovely buddy , I can’t help thinking that you should sell it while it’s all working :cool:
might have to agree with you on that one, its definitely making me nervous thinking about the service it currently needs.

funnily enough I just sold my I3, I loved it but needed something bigger and still electric, not the Maybach

So what did you buy?

The SLR McLaren 722 Edition? To replace the i3......?

So what did you buy?
I managed to get a very early Taycan Cross Tourismo, and I absolutely love it. It still isn't huge for all kids stuff but its an amazing all round car.

You posed an interesting question.
If you have off-road parking in London I suggest you go into the tourism business. Kit it out with duvets and Prosecco and list it on AirBnB. There are smaller hotel rooms in London.
This has to be the best answer yet, I love the idea, not sure I have the time but 10/10 for thinking outside the box.

So what did you buy?

The SLR McLaren 722 Edition? To replace the i3......?
I wish I could say yes, that would be a serious car move.

So I have always loved the Maybach and in 2003 when I was 22 I couldn't afford spending £300k on one, shock! Now they are really good value, I have bought one.

Driving it through London, I realised just how big they are and although I think its a fantastic car, I really don't know what to do with it.

Let me know what you think
The last 6 words of your posting as witnessed are as a moth to a candle. Maybe you have a problem & should make an appointment to see: ........................... I'll leave other to fill in the blank. Entertaining posting though, ta.

The last 6 words of your posting as witnessed are as a moth to a candle. Maybe you have a problem & should make an appointment to see: ........................... I'll leave other to fill in the blank. Entertaining posting though, ta.
Reminded me of a co-worker that always had a screen background pic on his work pc (remember those days when we could) of his children. Just happened that his newest car and nice house were always in the background.

So I have always loved the Maybach and in 2003 when I was 22 I couldn't afford spending £300k on one, shock! Now they are really good value, I have bought one.

Driving it through London, I realised just how big they are and although I think its a fantastic car, I really don't know what to do with it.

Let me know what you think
Sell it and get something more suitable to drive around where you live. I’ve never liked them - screams “look at me”.

Silly car, and I like it. I think the trick is to keep using it and keep on top of maintenance. If it slides too far it’ll be expensive to recover. Brooklands will be pleased to see it again, I’m sure.

As a car to drive around in, I imagine it's very comfortable and I've doubt I'd love it being used to an S Class.

That's where it ends for me. I think they look like a Chinese sloppy-copy of an S Class, they are too long to be practical in this country and are a pig to sell.

I saw a dealer not far from me try and sell a 62 a year or two ago for £40k (I forget where it started) and I can see it's still up for sale now on AT (Y5KSY) albeit the interior is revolting.

Unless you enjoy driving it around in London, in which case I'd do that, I'd move it on as stated "whilst it is working"!

A stunning car to stand outside and look inside and think wow. The best seat would be anywhere other than the driving seat.

I can honestly say I have never even seen one except in photos. I am now living in NZ and I would be surprised if there was a single one here!

Now for sale in the classifieds :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom