I have decided I want a G wagon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
Olly will you pm me your budget as I may be able to help

Ollie, you have decided? It's on record now..

What happened to the E class estate?

Far to "normal" for my needs the E.. I need somthing rugged that I can get muddy and sling stuff in.

SWB not ideal for towing, IMO.

LWB would have better resistance to sideways load on the towbar (snaking), and would pitch less.

thinking outside the box and I agree its not all MB (if at all) there are definately some good towing vehicles there,

http://www.mod-sales.com/tender/listing.htm

one of my old Pinz`s is there as its one of very few that has a demountable winch on the front due to the bracket there, needs a bit of work but is well underpriced,

Pete (Bear) has a G-Wagen and could offer some help.

It HAS to be a MB as it will be signwritten.

I looked at that 500. Any idea of the consumption? From what I could work out from an American G Wagen site, real world consumption was about 10 mpg. That put me off.....:eek: ...just a little...:D

The one on the link is a 300.

I am not that worried about fuel economy as It won't be an everyday car.

The one on the link is a 300.

I am not that worried about fuel economy as It won't be an everyday car.

Missed that....I think the 300 consumption is 15 to 20 mpg. Makes my 60 look frugal :D

Olly you probably know my views about the G wagen's safety design ;) but I thought you might enjoy this collection of photos of the production line in Gratz.:rock: click on the small pictures to enlarge them.
http://www.pbase.com/flydutch/gclass_assemby

ah, I recognise that line, very similar to the Pinz line in guildford as we brought it from them, same manufacturing techniques, same coloured dollies, same coloured jigs, in fact the back of the G bears a striking resemblence to the back of the tin top pinz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom