I have jammed my CD player and now is dead.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reggie-rock

Car
2015 E Class coupe 220 diesel bluetec, 2009 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3
With the unit loaded with 6 CD's I tried to change to another disc but it would not play the chosen CD, so after waiting 5 minutes became impatient and tried fiddling around with it and mistakenly and stupidly pressed the eject button and of course it would not eject as it was trying to change the CD.
Now when I turn the radio on the CD player is now dead.
Can anyone advise me what to do.
Many thanks guys.

Help

REG can you check the fuse on the radio.?
Or remove it to rest the cd player.
Other than this you may need to remove it.
Wait and look for other answers ,as i said ,the fuse may have blown.

The radio works fine, it is only the 6 CD auto-changer that is not working.

cd

Can you break the power to it by removeing the fuse.Then it might reset. Nothing to loose as long as you have the code.And if it as to come out to be repaired ,[ and i think it will]you will need the code anyway.

Anyone know where the fuse is?

have you tried tapping the cd mag with the shaft of a hammer gotta do this to mine about once ever 2months

i had this problem on my clk 209 it was just clicking and trying to select a disc.. have you got the green light illuminated on the cd changer eject button? i got frustrated and ended up wacking it and then it opened like an oyster shell.

OK I have got a sledge hammer, will let you all know if your quick fix works.
Thanks all for responding.

Update:
I gave the CD changer a good tap and now thanks for your advice is now working perfectly.
Many thanks, it's times like this that you realise the value of being a part of this club.

i had this problem on my clk 209 it was just clicking and trying to select a disc.. have you got the green light illuminated on the cd changer eject button? i got frustrated and ended up wacking it and then it opened like an oyster shell.

What, with extreme difficulty and a very sharp knife? :D

2nd update:
I think I know why I had this problem came about, my daughter.
Found a CD in the magazine which is one that has music downloaded from the internet.

Interrogation later when she gets home from work.
Spot lamp and thumb screws at the ready!

Have had the same problem for over a month. A quick search on here, followed by a firm whack - problem solved! Well done again MB Club!

Hi
Interesting, I have w211 e320 cdi 2003 which has been parked up for just under a year. Now that I have got it back on the road, the cd changer has decided to give a cd error, wont let eject discs but is spinning up.
I tried removing the changer today but could not for the life of me remove the wiring underneath for it to slide out fully so gave up.
My question is can I buy an mp3 changer and fit straight in as well as can I rescue my changer alongside tips for removing wiring connectors underneath.
I should add that head unit is audio 20 cassette with 6 disc changer underneath.

Also could i just stick aps 50 straight in or command ntg1.

Regards Tiff

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom