I have just bought this beautiful car.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Congrats! The leather on the rear seats is so inviting.

Great looking car and love the colour, first reg Sept 1997 ?

Looks great Mic, I'm really liking these coupes! Did you get a good deal on it (if you don't mind me asking)?!

Looks great Mic, I'm really liking these coupes! Did you get a good deal on it (if you don't mind me asking)?!

I think it was a fair price......I will know better once I have had a list of items ''sorted''......none of which HAVE to be done (they are mostly cosmetic) but all of which I will have done to bring the car back to something of which I can be proud.
I paid £3250 including 6mths. RFL and if getting the car back to ''perfect'' brings the purchase price to approximately an effective £4500 then I will take the view that I paid a fair price. The car will also need new tyres on the rear before the winter.
The car has done 82k miles, I have all the MOT certificates and a fully stamped service book (the last one being in June 2011)......not all main dealer but nonetheless a fully stamped book......serviced more often than ASSYST would have required.

Mic

very nice! Have always fancied a big 2door and all the CL's do it for me. As they say, "a lotta car for the money!"

Enjoy your mini project.

You're not wrong there Bing, considering how much they cost new! Seems like a great price Mic, keep us updated with the work you have done.

Very nice and an undervalued car IMHO. Is it possible to put the W140 sedan front end on this car??

You're not wrong there Bing, considering how much they cost new! Seems like a great price Mic, keep us updated with the work you have done.

The car will be with Star Motor Services for a few days in the middle of August whilst I take the SL to Weisbaden in support of my younger daughter's man over his efforts in the Half Ironman there Sunday 14.

Mic

Very nice and an undervalued car IMHO. Is it possible to put the W140 sedan front end on this car??

I do not know the answer to part two of your Post......why do you ask ?

Mic

I have never liked the headlights on this model, but the rest of the car looks fine. They were a styling mistake IMHO.

It's a nice car Mic, I've been looking at them for sale here, they're cheap because they haven't been recognised yet I would say.
Bet it drives like a sporty S Class too!!

I'd have thought they should've had a following similer to what the 124 Coupe has to be honest.

Lovely looking car - I'd be interested to hear how you get on as I'm contemplating getting one to go with the W126. Incidentally, I love the E32 7 Series - gorgeous shape. It was a close run thing whether to buy the W126 or an E32 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom