I have Merc Me but no Merc 😱

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr. B

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
The other week I sold my MB to a dealer in the Lake District and I have been trying to contact Mercedes ever since for them to update their records. When I initially phoned I was number 25 in the queue but I certainly wasn’t waiting for that one and then I was put through to someone overseas who eventually put the phone down on me for no apparent reason.

The car has since been sold and I know where the new owner lives because I still have access to the cars Mercedes Me app. Which means I can still pin point it’s location and it notifies me when the car has been unlocked and asks me whether I wish to lock it.

As tempting as it is to have a little fun I have resisted but I was wondering how long I will still be able to access the app, will it be when the new owner takes the car in for service and MB update their records ?

I‘m not waiting all day on the phone because I’m an impatient old fart and it winds me up.

I tried to cancel my service pack on the car but this time I was number 12 in the queue. I sent an email but got no response. I thought to myself I know what will work, I’ll cancel the direct debit and what a surprise, I had a response the same day.

On the plus side I now know where the car / owner reside which I’m always intrigued to find out when I’ve sold a vehicle.
The new owner lives in an area where I do sometimes frequent so I might have a drive past in the new year just for curiosity sake.

Should I persevere with MB or should I just think fooook it ?

I have the same issue 😂😂 At the moment the car is in a non mb dealers up for sale, have not decided what to do either. The garage knows it has been fitted but obviously couldn't or didn't want to remove the module.
With my service contract I just cancelled the DD and emailed them. Got a response within 48 hrs and 3 days later a statement saying they owed me over £400 but would take until mid November to pay me back☹️

Why not log in to your Mercedes Me account and remove the vehicle?
It is very simple! 👍

From the website:-

What do I need to consider if I sell my vehicle with Mercedes me connect, or return a leased vehicle or a company car?​

If you have paired your vehicle incorporating Mercedes me connect functions with your user account, you must unpair it before you sell the vehicle. You can do this either directly in Mercedes me or through your authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer. The vehicle will then be removed automatically from your user account. If other vehicles with Mercedes me connect functions are paired with your user account, the services in those vehicles will continue to operate as before.

Just logged into my Mercedes Me Account and unpaired the car from my account

Does the app allow you to control the central locking and windows remotely?

The other week I sold my MB to a dealer in the Lake District and I have been trying to contact Mercedes ever since for them to update their records. When I initially phoned I was number 25 in the queue but I certainly wasn’t waiting for that one and then I was put through to someone overseas who eventually put the phone down on me for no apparent reason.

The car has since been sold and I know where the new owner lives because I still have access to the cars Mercedes Me app. Which means I can still pin point it’s location and it notifies me when the car has been unlocked and asks me whether I wish to lock it.

As tempting as it is to have a little fun I have resisted but I was wondering how long I will still be able to access the app, will it be when the new owner takes the car in for service and MB update their records ?

I‘m not waiting all day on the phone because I’m an impatient old fart and it winds me up.

I tried to cancel my service pack on the car but this time I was number 12 in the queue. I sent an email but got no response. I thought to myself I know what will work, I’ll cancel the direct debit and what a surprise, I had a response the same day.

On the plus side I now know where the car / owner reside which I’m always intrigued to find out when I’ve sold a vehicle.
The new owner lives in an area where I do sometimes frequent so I might have a drive past in the new year just for curiosity sake.

Should I persevere with MB or should I just think fooook it ?
This sounds like a miss by the dealer. They should have advised you to unpair your phone and remove the vehicle from Mercedes Me. There is a lot of personal data sloshing about in these new 'convenience features' and dealers should be more vigilant in protecting this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom