I have no idea if i have command or audio 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zyrusi

Car
A180
Hello

I have recently purchased my first mercedes being a class 180 Blue efficiency sport CDI it's a 14 plate but I'm unsure if it's audio 20 or command.

Is there a way to find out this information, sorry I bet this seems to be a stupid question but I would like to learn more about my mercedes since I love driving it.

Many thanks,

Zyrusi

Hello

I have recently purchased my first mercedes being a class 180 Blue efficiency sport CDI it's a 14 plate but I'm unsure if it's audio 20 or command.

Is there a way to find out this information, sorry I bet this seems to be a stupid question but I would like to learn more about my mercedes since I love driving it.

Many thanks,

Zyrusi

Welcome! Firstly no such thing as stupid question, just an unasked question! If you let me have your VIN then we will be able to tell you exactly what your car has. Often throws up surprises!:bannana:

Reactions: 219
If you push the navi button on the dash and it says 'navigation module not connected' then it's audio 20.

If a navigation screen happens to pop up, open the glove box and see if you can see a black box hanging in a kind of cradle from the top left of the glove box - then you will have Becker map pilot installed to the Audio 20. If nothing in the glove box then it's Comand.

Hope this helps

Reactions: 219
When it starts up it will say 'do not let comand system distract you' if you have comand

Hi Gollom

Thank you for the welcome.
My VIN is WDD1760122J241898

Hi Zyrusi,

Your car has the configuration listed below....

054 YOM 13/2
191U KOSMOSBLACK - MET.
205B OWNERS MANUAL AND SERVICE RECORD - ENGLISH
255B MB MOBILO WITH DSB AND GGD
258 COLLIS.WARN. SYS. W/ ACTIVE BRAKE INTERV. FCW STOP
280 LEATHER STEERING WHEEL AND LEATHER GEAR SHIFT KNOB
283B AIRBAGLABLE - ENGLISH
290 WINDOWBAG
294 KNEE AIRBAG
335B INSTRUMENT CLUSTER/HU LANGUAGE - ENGLISH

345 RAIN SENSOR
360A FABRIC / ARTICO
361A FABRIC / ARTICO - BLACK / ANTHRACITE
411 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANS.
440 TEMPOMAT (CRUISE CONTROL)
442 MULTIFUNCTION STEERING WHEEL (12 BUTTONS)
461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
474 DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER
477 TIRE PRESSURE LOSS WARNER
485 (COMFORT RUNNING GEAR)
508 NAVIBOX PREINSTALLATION
51U BLACK FABRIC ROOF INTERIOR TRIM
523 RADIO AUDIO 20
537L GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
538 ATTENTION ASSIST (DROWSINESS DETECTION)
543 SUN VISOR WITH ADDITIONAL FUNCTION
551 ANTI-THEFT/ANTI-BREAK-IN WARNING SYSTEM
580 AIR CONDITIONER
5XXL EUROPE
613 HEADLAMP LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
668 PRODUCT PROT.F.TRANSPORT VEH. W/ TIE-DOWN HOOKS
804 YOM 23/1
817 SIREN BRACKET FOR INCREASED THEFT PROTECTION
882 INTERIOR SAFEGUARD
885 HIGHTEN THEFT PROTECTION
928 EXHAUST GAS CLEANING WITH EURO 5 TECHNOLOGY
966 COC PAPER EURO 5 TECH. W/O REGIST. CERT. PART 2
989 IDENTIFICATION LABEL UNDER WINDSHIELD
B03 DIRECT START / ECO START/STOP FUNCTION
B09 REFRIGERANT COMPRESSOR WITH MAGNETIC COUPLING
B51 TIREFIT
D5B No code designation available
DL3 No code designation available
F176 MODEL SERIES 176
FS COMBI - VEHICLE
GM MANUAL TRANSMISSION
HA REAR AXLE
K11 ADAPTIVE STOP LIGHT FLASHING
K13 CONTROL CODE FOR SERVICE INTERVAL 25000 KM
M15 CAPACITY 1,5 LITER
M607 R4 DIESEL ENGINE M607
P54 THEFT PROTECTION PACKAGE
P59
R RIGHT-HAND STEERING
R01 SUMMER TIRES
R48 17" LIGHT ALLOY WHEEL 5 DBL-SPOKE DESIGN ALL-ROUND
U01 REAR BELT STATUS INDICATION
U18 AUTOMATIC CHILD SEAT RECOGNITATION (AKSE)
U25 ILLUMINATED DOOR SILL
U59 SEAT COMFORT PACKAGE
U60 PEDESTRIAN PROTECTION - ACTIVE ENGINE HOOD
U62 ILLUMINATION PACKAGE
V22 SPEED- + LOADINDEX 91V
VL FRONT AXLE HALF, LEFT
VR FRONT AXLE HALF, RIGHT

Looks like Audio 20 with the Becker map pilot....
Robert

My VIN also says i have code 510 Audio 20, but actually have a NTG4 comand, must have been upgraded by previous owner

The easiest way to check the model, configuration and mods if they are from the previous owner is to check your vehicle using the VIN code and such online services as https://www.quickppsr.com.au in order to get more detailed information about the car and find out the history of this car in detail. I always use such online services before buying a used car, because I read a lot on the Internet about what problems you might get if you buy a used car that is listed as a hijacker or took a loan for this car.

The simplest way is this:

If you have COMAND, when it turns on, you will see this message "Do not let COMAND distract you from the traffic situation" - this means you have COMAND:

7349812890_37018de37b_z.jpg

If you do not have COMAND, you will see a similar message, but without the word COMAND, i.e. it will say "Do not let the system distract you from the traffic situation" - this means you have Audio20:

xx.png

The easiest way to check the model, configuration and mods if they are from the previous owner is to check your vehicle using the VIN code and such online services as https://www.quickppsr.com.au in order to get more detailed information about the car and find out the history of this car in detail. I always use such online services before buying a used car, because I read a lot on the Internet about what problems you might get if you buy a used car that is listed as a hijacker or took a loan for this car.

Firstly, welcome

Did you read earlier posts on this thread where the OP has been given the VIN details already? If you are just trying to get post count up, tell us something about your car and maybe you?

Online datacard decoders are available to check the options fitted at build. These three appear the most popular.

To find the previous history /outstanding HP etc I'd use a UK based site like HPI checker or MyCarcheck

Firstly, welcome

Did you read earlier posts on this thread where the OP has been given the VIN details already? If you are just trying to get post count up, tell us something about your car and maybe you?
Hi Gollom,
PLEASE do not think for one millisecond that I am arguing with you BUT.... In my very specific case I purchased a new Sprinter that came with the Audio 20 radio.

Whilst the van conversion work was carried out, I bought a 'new' COMAND unit on Ebay, it came in a Mercedes correct box and for several years, has worked perfectly. My point being that the VIN number can be a great guide, but should we take what it says as the final word?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom