I have no words...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I grew up near to an RAF/USAF airbase that had been there long before I was born. People buying houses and moving to the area (especially the village on the other side of the valley, that pretty much looked straight down the runway) quite often complained about the noise from the aircraft. Not quite sure what they were expecting.

Even if the road was there first and then someone developed houses for private gain and thereby create a" "problem" that the State has to fix?

Yes. Unless the land next to the highway has some exclusion that protects it from being built on, then the State should assume that any area that the highway runs alongside is eligible for development, in which case the State will need to make the necessary investment to protect people and property from coming to harm. As said, this is my view - the law may have different ideas....

EDIT - I was referring to the safety aspect i.e. the risk posed by a car or a lorry careering off the motorway. The sound insulation is a separate issue.

Quote: "The couple now have to wear earplugs to bed and wash their windows up to four times a week because of the dust."

Problem solved.

These houses used to be the 'low cost' houses (housing association) that developers had to agree to build before getting permission to build many others , you know the ones , right next to the supermarket back wall , railway embankment or the 24 hr petrol station . or often almost directly under the 44Kv power lines.

But in this day and age they sell for full whack ...well at least to this woman.

In the grim North West where I live, new housing developments are springing up everywhere. There's one large one right next to the M55 and some lucky new owners are wedged next to the motorway and the busy railway line, others immediately adjacent to new industrial buildings. Bliss.

if you google map the area concerned, to get to the cul de sac the house is in you have to use the dual carriageway..................Google Maps

I can see no safe way of turning into that 'road' I must assume that over the last 6 months or so construction traffic has been doing just that without incident . But it look's proper sketchy from that angle.

It's the buying the house next door to a Pub syndrome :wallbash:🤣🤣🤣

^^^ Ha! my eldest cousin did that, RIGHT next door to his favourite boozer. Time was not good to this particular pub and to say over the years it's clientele 'changed for the worse' would be an understatement.

For some reason no matter what went on in that pub it never shut down and he eventually sold up and moved.

I know that stretch of road. It’s a dual carriageway linking the M6 to the M42, and is used by local and long distance traffic to avoid the busiest stretch of the M42.

It’s within a few hundred yards of a major industrial estate, which is there because of it’s transport links and ease of access for employees and goods vehicles.

It’s a few miles from the centre of the UK’s second city (sorry Manchester), between two major motorway interchanges, and a few miles from an international airport.

What on earth did she think would be driving on that road?! As suggested, she’ll love HS2. There are plenty of clues that’s coming, but she’ll have missed those too.

That was a derestricted dual carriageway without a crash barrier when she viewed the house seven times, and when she bought the house too.

It was when she moved in too, and when she erected the goal posts, so what has changed - what makes it unsafe now, but not on all previous occasions.

One of the things which disappoints me most in modern society is is the growing lack responsibility, and the expectation that it’s always someone else’s fault.

Yes. Unless the land next to the highway has some exclusion that protects it from being built on, then the State should assume that any area that the highway runs alongside is eligible for development, in which case the State will need to make the necessary investment to protect people and property from coming to harm. As said, this is my view - the law may have different ideas....

EDIT - I was referring to the safety aspect i.e. the risk posed by a car or a lorry careering off the motorway. The sound insulation is a separate issue.
I’m far from an expert but understanding is that the developer is responsible for the cost making any changes to infrastructure, whether that be roads, sewers, etc.

Why are the media portraying her as the victim?
Why don't our media report the story and then state the facts as has been stated on here.

Don't let these people have the air time without being ridiculed by the media too.

Nowhere in the article does it point any responsibility to her, which is wrong.

Why are the media portraying her as the victim?
Why don't our media report the story and then state the facts as has been stated on here.

Don't let these people have the air time without being ridiculed by the media too.

Nowhere in the article does it point any responsibility to her, which is wrong.

Because "mouthbreathing idiot discovers blatantly obvious" as a storyline isn't going to sell papers. :thumb:

Comment from the follow up by Birmingham Mail where she is complaining about being trolled - and says that they could afford as it was dropped by £50K (or £25K - the press use both amounts....)

"just wait until the traffic gets back to normal and that section of road is backed up every rush hour, although dont worry this road will be closed soon due to HS2 being built less than 100 metres from that development on a raised section somewhere between 20-30m. But if the proposed improvements for M42 Jct 6 goes ahead then all M42 traffic will be diverted through here for about 9 months. I wonder which will come first. Sorry forgot to mention the new £25 million water park being built at the next but one round about and also the new prayer wall which you will see right out your back window. All of this information comes up on a search of Coleshill on google straight away god knows what you're solicitors came up with on their searches"

Comment from the follow up by Birmingham Mail where she is complaining about being trolled - and says that they could afford as it was dropped by £50K (or £25K - the press use both amounts....)

"just wait until the traffic gets back to normal and that section of road is backed up every rush hour, although dont worry this road will be closed soon due to HS2 being built less than 100 metres from that development on a raised section somewhere between 20-30m. But if the proposed improvements for M42 Jct 6 goes ahead then all M42 traffic will be diverted through here for about 9 months. I wonder which will come first. Sorry forgot to mention the new £25 million water park being built at the next but one round about and also the new prayer wall which you will see right out your back window. All of this information comes up on a search of Coleshill on google straight away god knows what you're solicitors came up with on their searches"
Solicitors search ? They couldnt find a remainer in the Guardian newspapers office canteen.

"They viewed the home seven times early on Saturday mornings before deciding to buy"

It really says it all!

The suggestion that barriers and acoustic fencing should be erected and paid for by "the planners" is ludicrous. Firstly the planning decision will have been by a committee of councillors, not "the planners", and secondly, any expenditure will be borne by the local council tax payers.

It's quite simple, as clearly she is, she paid the market price for the house, and she might have been able to resell without difficulties, if she want to relocate. She has substantially depreciated the value of her home, by her publicity seeking actions.

NJSS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom