I have no words...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Meldrew2

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mine: BMW X4 2.0d M-Sport (Red) Hers: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport (Black) Sorry about that...
It's a very common problem. Usually resolved by installing decorative noise barriers between the property and the road. The only question is who should pay for it. See for example:

The request to reduce the speed limit is nonsense though.

The crash barriers is a different issue - it's safety - and it makes sense for the council to install it at their cost.

The crash barriers is a different issue - it's safety - and it makes sense for the council to install it at their cost.

Why? If it's a new build then is this not a responsibility of the developers (and by inference the buyers will ultimately pay) ?

Not being funny missus , but I would not have given £200K for it. Who does she think she is ...Madonna !?

Yes THAT Madonna who after buying Ashcombe house while trying to become a member of the British Gentry complained about aircraft noise and (allegedly) asked for changes to be made to the airfield . The airfield in question was Compton Abbas and has been in operation for a 100 years !!

When I first heard this I thought maybe she should have asked her legal team how far the end of the runway was from her property......'about a mile your highness' would have been the answer.

Madonna probably had an excuse not to view the property, on a world tour, saving orphans, re inventing herself etc etc. but this woman viewed the property 7 times !

P.S when Maddie divorced Guy Richie she gave him Ashcombe house ...:) 🛩️

Why? If it's a new build then is this not a responsibility of the developers (and by inference the buyers will ultimately pay) ?

I don't know what the law says, but my personal view is that the Highway Agency should be responsible for all safety issues on motorways, including those that impact on neighbouring properties.

Who the.... signed off planning!

Yes, she's a Muppet of the highest order but a garden with a flimsy fence between her, her grandchildren (cause they breed) and 38T doing 56mph is more scary. One decent blowout, sleepy driver, one look at a phone and that curb and gravel are going to pull in any vehicle.

I am sure there is a bit if math that uses mass and velocity to create a statement of force, but without barriers, that fence, that garden and indeed the entire house will be flattened.

Barriers then acoustic fencing as a minimum paid for by the planners who got paid to approve that.

Oh and she is a complete Muppet.

I don't know what the law says, but my personal view is that the Highway Agency should be responsible for all safety issues on motorways, including those that impact on neighbouring properties.
Even if the road was there first and then someone developed houses for private gain and thereby create a" "problem" that the State has to fix?

She is simply thicker than a whale omelette which is more than can be said for the wooden armco panels between her dream home and an 18-wheel freight train!

I can remember the M62 being built right trough the centre of a housing estate in Whitefield north of Manchester. Some houses were compulsory purchased and demolished. The adjoining houses were given double glazing and sound proofed ventilation free of charge but the houses were there first. If developers build afterwards then any issues are down to them. I've never lived in a house on or anywhere near a busy road and can't understand why anyone would want to.

Even if there is no road before you buy the searches your solicitor does should find out if one is planned. That's what searches are for and there is no excuse for complaining afterwards.

🤣 it's funny listening to idiots trying to set the wors to rights

I just loved the ...’we viewed it early on a Saturday morning before the busy A446 had 'woken up'.
Priceless 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Tricky to miss, even at 2am dear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom