I have officially lost the plot !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

talbir

MB Enthusiast
According to our forum colleague KLP92, Nav !

New Years resolution was 'no more cars', except a 500E in April and a a car that's been on my wish list for over a decade but never acquired, a Porsche 928. Perferably a GTS.

11 days in and i end up buying the 928 already ! In keeping with my current fleet it ain't a plain vanilla 928...but a Strosek conversion. Base car is a 928 S4, 1987. Strosek completed the following mods at new :

- Widebody kit
- Carbon fibre interior
- Supercharger, taking power output from 316bhp to 550bhp !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The colour is superb...gun-metal grey with a tinge of green. Car is (to my eyes) sensational !

0-60 timed at sub 4.5 seconds ! Recall, the GTS with 350bhp managed to bring up 62mph in 5.4 seconds....

But for me the car is all about the looks, colour, the Strosek touch....Strosek also used to modify r129 SLs and Testarossa's, another top line German tuner ala Gemballa.

Nav's otped to store the car for me until i get the missus to go to on hols to India and then i bring it home and hide it in the gararge in her absence ! ;)

cheers
talbir

Last edited:

Attachments

• 928_SmoothGrey.jpg
    928_SmoothGrey.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 335
I believe the travel agents are open...

Nice looking Porsche there..

WOW that car looks amazing!

Shame about the New year resolution though. :D

Thats an absolute beast.... wow

516bhp on a porsche... sounds like alot of fun! :devil:

could you say (roughly) how much it was to buy something like that? :)

My favourite is still the 560E.

Where on earth do you find these cars?

Do the owners of these cars beat a path to your door when they want to sell as they know you're a sucker for anything outrageously modified in the 80's?:D:crazy:

Nice car, although I gotta ask you, why are you keeping Shell in business? :)

Wow, the blend on that conversion is superb.

Sell me one of you other cars and job done!:D

So the next GTG is at Talbir's house...:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Nice purchase, that's one fat Porsche :rock:

I'd love a wander around your garage.... it's an 80's big-kit heaven!

Thats an absolute beast.... wow

516bhp on a porsche... sounds like alot of fun! :devil:

could you say (roughly) how much it was to buy something like that? :)

Please don't remind me of the price, it hurts...:devil:

But it's in the range of what a good 928 GTS would cost.

Oh, i forgot to mention....Strosek also fitted a 928 GTS 5-spd manual gearbox !!!!

chers
talbir

My favourite is still the 560E.

Where on earth do you find these cars?

Do the owners of these cars beat a path to your door when they want to sell as they know you're a sucker for anything outrageously modified in the 80's?:D:crazy:

Thanks Mudster !

Yes, i think i am fated to land all these 80s lairs and lose all my money and hairs !

talbir

i think i am fated to ....lose all my money and hairs!

I think we are all eventually destined to do that...you're just doing it whilst still alive:D .. Must say I do like that Porker; very VERY tidy..any interior shots please?

Niiiice. I'm a big fan of the 928, and that really is an excellent example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom