I have scratched the itch with a

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisf-1

Car
W207 2010 E class 350cdi convertible
Hi again everyone I took the plunge today and am now the proud owner of a 2005 350 CLK convertible green black in colour just looks black to me has all the toys except sat nav and i do not think it has climate control just normal air con as with every new car there are a few problems the most important being the roof which will only operate if I cable tie the plastic protector in the boot in position on the left hand side, and the remote key is only working on infa-red and has to be very firmly pressed for a few seconds very close to the door handle apparently it is not working wirelessly as it should, the car apart from these problems seems to drive very well, it has 125k on the clock and tomorrow i will try and trace any history it might have, if anyone has any suggestions about the problems I have mentioned please advise and any suggestions for what i should be looking for to avoid trouble before it starts many thanks Chris

Congratulations!!
The boot separator should be an easy fix. There is a microswitch on the left hand side where the separator engages the stop - easy to access. Either the separator is catching the trim or the hydraulic dampers have gone lazy - try a touch of oil on the ram.

And pictures. We need pictures :)

Also you will find it DOES have climate - just a very basic one. Set it to auto, set your preferred temp and it will take care on fan speeds, temperature and airflow direction.
There was a luxury cc but other than digital display it doesn't add a lot.

Tomorrow I will take pics and if i can work out how i will post them but they always tell me they are to big and i don't know what to do about it but this will be first attempt on this forum

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom