I havent made a 1000 miles after last service and ASSYST say I need service D WTF?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxima

Car
W211
Hi

I have 2002 E-Class (the newer one).

I did last service in MB service centre last September. I made about 900 miles since that and in late March I started to get reminders from my Assyst saying that xx days left to service D. It become xx days since missed service D since mid-May.

I always thought that service is due based on mileage. Why is that?

Can somebody please advice how to reset this? I am not going to service it until I done 8-9k miles.

Thank you

I think ( but could be corrected ) that it depends on mileage and/or time.

I was told 10,000 miles or 12 months which ever comes first.

This sounds like US figures (without FSS but a fixed service interval). A 2002 car should allow 2 years or at least 30 000 km, which ever comes first. I had my first service just a bit before two years and 30 150 km, somewhat before the due mileage. This was for the W221 but a W211 should be the same.

Suspect they didn't reset it when it was last in for a service?

Ring 'em up and make your case.

my 2007 e320 did the same thing, had a B service at 14K miles drove away from the dealer, stated I needed a D service. it did change back to a B about 7K later, now it says D again about 4K left to go.

Dont make sense!!!

Suspect they didn't reset it when it was last in for a service?

Ring 'em up and make your case.

My girlfriends, c180 coupe was serviced two weeks ago, a few days later I noticed that the next service was due 8900 miles.

I contacted the dealer who told me to bring the car back, and have the assyst reset to 15000 miles. It would seem they reset it to 9000 miles.

Always worth checking after servicing that they have reset correctly.

Any one know what's involved in a 'D' service on an W211 320CDI apart from parting with loads of cash:(

my 2007 e320 did the same thing, had a B service at 14K miles drove away from the dealer, stated I needed a D service. it did change back to a B about 7K later, now it says D again about 4K left to go.

Dont make sense!!!
I think what you're highlighting here is what ASSYST is actually supposed to do. It is changing it's forecast of what the next service will require based on what is going on with the car at any given moment. Give it some beans, a few short journeys, etc and the estimate will go up - more parts and sooner. Back off and had a few nice long runs and the requirements will reduce. Plus the mileage remaining will likely lengthen.

It's adaptive - you're seeing it adapt!

EVDOK - from what I've learned, the A B C D, etc is a time estimation. 'A' being a short service; 'D' being a relatively long one. If you can interrogate your cluster, it will tell you what it thinks it needs, so you can price it all up in advance.

Last edited:
I think you have to turn it over and slap the bottom of its feet repeatedly with a heavy wooden board...

But seriously...

You can do it with the steering wheel buttons. You have to be careful * though, as you do go into the service settings. I'll see if I can dig up my instructions.

* I managed to reset my service indicator - entirely by mistake - by messing about in this menu, so be warned. It wasn't too bad because it had been serviced within the previous 200 miles, but it has added a service record into the log of services performed on the car, which now looks very odd. Particularly as nothing was actually done. Beware!!!!

Yes please. I know how to reset the service interval but that is all I have discovered how to do.

Last edited:
The A, B, C is normally an indicator of the number of hours workshop time needed. Effectively....

A=1
B=2
C=3

Etc.

Meant to be so you can gauge costs for labor.

Yes please.

Was that for the wooden board, or the service details? :p

I managed to find somewhere on here a link to a site where you can download pdf's of the service menus. Don't ask me where I got it from - I can't remember. The following instructions are for the 211, so yours may be different.

1. Select the 'default' cluster display. In mine this is mph or outside temp.
2. Press the mileage reset button 3 times in fairly quick succession.
3. You should now be in the service menu, and looking at a voltage readout?
4. Press the 'scroll down' steering wheel button * once.
5. You should now be looking at the service options.
6. Scroll down to the one which shows 'service items' or 'additional work' or similar. Enter those options in turn and you will see a list of what the car wants, or thinks it wants.

* On the 211, there are 4 buttons on the left side of the wheel (ignore the buttons on the right side of the wheel). They are Menu up, Menu down (both to the left with square box symbols) and scroll up, scroll down (both to the right with arrow up/down symbols).

Hope this helps. Bon chance!

Thanks but that didn't work on my W215. Now to find that website...

I did find a PDF but that is for the W211. Pressing the reset button for more than 5 seconds when I am in the cluster display, as this file recommends that shows my service interval rests the service interval.

Last edited:
Ah - so is this like the one you found?

My instruction sheet has a filename of AP00.20-P-0042TA. Obviously the 215 will be different, but you may find something from that...

Edit: This link looks like it could do some damage!!

Last edited:
That's even more technical. Nice link but no W215 stuff there. The search continues...

I bought my 209 with 1500 till next service, have now driven 3000 miles in it and it still has 1100 till next service...

...must be my gentle driving :devil: and regular long trips :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom