I investigated my broken door catch/actuator and FIXED it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dpbayly

Car
2005 E320cdi
This morning i unlocked my ML open the drivers door then started faffing about then heard my doors lock then noticed my interior light wasn't on while the door was still open i then opened the passenger side and it pinged on so thought there must be a micro switch out in the drivers door so thought id take a look when i had some time. So made my way to work then when i got there i went to lock it up all the other locks went up and down twice before locking while the drivers side didn't move and stayed unlocked so guessed I'd better make some time as i can be having it unsecured.

So at lunchtime today i popped the latch out of the door (which was a pain in he ass) and stripped it down to find this:

2012-02-02132227-1.jpg

I found a load of moisture inside the latch so cleaned it out with contact cleaner got the cleaner as best i could into the micro switches and worked them till they clicked away nicely (they were a bit laggy before) popped it all back together and hey presto all is well again the ML's electrical gremlins are not going to get the better of me.........At lest not for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom