I Just Don't Like the W212...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
I'll post this here as well as in the Ebay forum. I've tried, truly I've tried, to like it, but the W212 E350 I bought is not the answer for me. It's not the performance, with or without the tuning box; that's fine. It's just that I much prefer both the looks and the interior of the W211. So, gentlemen, what think you of this?

2006 56 Facelift Mercedes E320 3.0 CDI 7G-Tronic Avantgarde Estate - Fab Example | eBay

I'm thinking seriously about it, and for that sort of price I can put the tuning box on it and rag it as much as I like...

There's a late W211 E500 (5.5 engine) on Ebay as well, but it's black inside and out, and I don't like that colour combination much at all.

Is it not a bit on the spendy side given it's 170k? Looks in excellent condition inside and out and I do like the pale interior. Maybe 500 quid overpriced?

Whaaaat!!! I’ve just changed from E320CDi to E350CDi and can’t believe the difference. It’s a different world. The 320 is a great car but the 350 is sensational in my opinion.
You could have had mine!
1a20d81b1e05df43832fc100eb0de48a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TDI box made a huge difference to the I6 E320, and I'm prepared to believe it would do the same to the V6. I might have bought yours (unless it's black), but I hadn't quite come to the realisation that I wanted one then...

may I ask which tuning box do you use and how much?

I know what you mean about the 212, there's something about the rear wing that puts my teeth on edge, come to think of it I'm not so keen on the thin end of the wedge look on the front end from the side either, the current E class is a massive step up aesthetically.

Externally the 213 is certainly sleeker than the 212, especially at the rear, though in profile the front still has a boxiness I don't care for. The interior, though, is just as modern, but no better; the W211 beats both without trying. Well, it does if you're an old fart who likes leather and wood (as am I)...

may I ask which tuning box do you use and how much?

A TDI Tuning CRTD4 twin-channel. The price was £291.99 without the VAT, but I found a discount code somewhere on the net (I'm afraid I can't recall where) that gave 10% off that.

Cannot agree I’m afraid, I have only had two Mercedes cars a E300 Hybrid and current car a E350 S212 Night Edition.

I’m probably biased but I like the looks of the 212, on the link posted I think the cars shape is nice but hate the headlights.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

211's still look great to me in the right trim with the right wheels. Esp the estates, to my eyes.

In terms of 212's I prefer the (normal) rear wings on the facelift version as they don't swamp the wheels so much. But I can live withj the Ponton wings on mine as the only way to get the 5.5 engine.

i struggle with the rounded rear of the 213 saloon but think the estate is great.

Looks a nice car in dark blue with the light interior. I had an E220 estate in the same colour and an E320 in silver. Great cars...but I only ran them to a little over 40k miles.
I have run a C class to 125k miles, but can't give personal experience of 170K.
Even the video can not give you the same information as standing in front of the car and/or driving it, but if I were in the market for one it would be on my list:cool:

I have personal, if brief, experience of 170K miles; the I6 E320 I had briefly was on 170K, and it looked good and ran fine. See my latest thread in 'Spotted on Ebay', though; another one has popped up, and I'm leaning more towards that now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom