I just kerbed an alloy. Gggrrrr!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonl

Car
SLK230
Damn, damn, damn. They're only a few months old as well. B***ocks! :mad:

Not too bad - a couple of inches on the rim.

simonl said:
Damn, damn, damn. They're only a few months old as well. B***ocks! :mad:

Not too bad - a couple of inches on the rim.
ouch:(

Not long after I got the E-Class I kerbed the front nearside 17inch alloy quite badly whilst in a rush. I was well and truly p***** O**.
A few weeks later I noticed some corrosion on one of the back wheels and took it to the dealers.
They decided that there must have been a manufacturing fault and changed all the wheels. What a result. Now a year later they do not have a mark on them.

Very annoying !

I have thankfully been saved a couple of times ( after hearing the dreaded noise :( ), by the Rim Protector on my tyres. Rubber not even damaged ; and I could see clearly by the amount of brake dust removed from the rim what the damage would have been without them !!

(Toyo T1-S, by the way)

S.

sym said:
Very annoying !

I have thankfully been saved a couple of times ( after hearing the dreaded noise :( ), by the Rim Protector on my tyres. Rubber not even damaged ; and I could see clearly by the amount of brake dust removed from the rim what the damage would have been without them !!

(Toyo T1-S, by the way)

S.
I used to have Toyo's myself. And that Rim Protector did save my alloy bacon once. I now have Pilot Sports after slightly damaging a couple of tyres last year ;) . I'll see the damage proper in the morning. I was toying with changing my User Title - think I'll leave it be. :p

There are always piles of refurbished wheels at whitefield, apparently the quality of the stock rims is dreadful, they're always corroding. According to the parts guy I spoke to they usually give customers refurbs instead of new ones when swapped under warranty, the Pristine-refurbished ones last longer than the original ones!

EDIT: Simon, you didn't kerb it while parking did you?

simonl said:
I was toying with changing my User Title - think I'll leave it be. :p
Well I didn't want to point out the obvious:D

PS have you seen Lotus MKii2's new sig:D

I did the same in the Lexus I had before and was very pi$$ed off! Thankfully I also managed to get them changed under warranty (although it was about a year later) and I was then very carefull, as I am with this car.

Imagane the shock and horror of driving into an RSJ, only damage done to the wheel was a new tyre and a little paint. All ok though, will need to have them refurbed in Spring anyway. I hope your damage is recoverable. :cool:

Ian B Walker said:
I hope your damage is recoverable. :cool:

Interesting thought. Can a scrape be refurbed? It's a 2" scrape on the rim. The wheels have MB's high-sheen finish.

simonl said:
Interesting thought. Can a scrape be refurbed? It's a 2" scrape on the rim. The wheels have MB's high-sheen finish.
Anything can be refurbed ! There are some pretty good places around. I have the same wheels as you Simon, and I know what you mean about the finish . . so probably a slightly more complex job - maybe not just anywhere would do it - but worth asking your local dealer who they would normally use.

S.

simonl said:

Anything like the damage to mine? See here . Refurb brought them up great - you wouldn't know the damage was there (although the *painting* isn't up to scratch) - I believe somewhere like Pristine would do a better job.

Cheers
Andrew

I know we had a discussion about this ages ago (can't recall whose car it was) - but there were quite a few links to refurb places. Might be worth a search.

K

Flyer said:
Anything like the damage to mine? See here .
Yep, that's what i've done. i'll ask some local places - not too keen on sending a wheel away to pristine (sounds expensive) - though i do have 3 spare alloys at the moment ;) (the right one may still have the tyre on as well!)

Hey my girlfriend kerbs mine everyday ,apparently the pavement jumps out and bites the wheels when she is trying to park. Well at least she does it all round so they match bless her.
Pete :crazy:

PeterG said:
Hey my girlfriend kerbs mine everyday ,apparently the pavement jumps out and bites the wheels when she is trying to park. Well at least she does it all round so they match bless her.
Pete :crazy:

Thats why wives have 4x4's ... bigger sidewall :D

fuzzer said:
Thats why wives have 4x4's ... bigger sidewall :D
There is even LESS chance of my wife kerbing my wheels

as she doesn't drive !!!

( aww - what a shame . . all the more cars for me :D )

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom