I just love my Mercedes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBManInKen

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes S500 LWB (V220)
Just back from a little drive and subsequently had the car fully cleaned, in and out, leather interior treated and polished as well.

Just reminds me that even at 7 years old she is such a wonderful drive, gliding smoothly and quietly across the rather bad roads in West London, the V8 reacting brightly and vividly at a gentle press of the pedal while the 4-zone climate control, the bose sound system and the massaging seats keep you completely comfortably no matter how long you drive her.

What a contrast with the 6 month old Focus I drove at my recent business trip to Vienna (noisy, uncomfortable seats, plastic cold interior and rattling all over the place) or indeed any of the many other cars I get to drive when on business trips. That Kia of a few years ago must count as probably the worst driving experience ever :crazy:.

Then seeing her all cleaned up, shiny and spotless and with such soft and well proportioned lines, a joy to my eyes :D.

She has been utterly reliable (*), with impressive performance and the utmost comfort. It all reminds me of why I have stuck with Mercedes for so long...

I love the car just as much, if not more, than the first day I drove it. :)

(*) Probably inviting disaster with this statement, oh well...

Last edited:
I've just got back from a weekend away in North Wales. As the ML (the workday car) was full of all sorts, I took the C200K. 7 years old, 70K on the clock.

What a relaxing journey. Seats as supportive as ever, smooth ride, a quiet cruise at the speed limit all the way, downhill and uphill. 2 hour drive, arrived refreshed. Returned today, journey was just as good. Overall 33 mpg. It's only a C class, a small engine, but it's still a great car.

Maybe Mercedes owners should adopt the M&S slogan- "It's not just motoring ... "

Last edited:
I've just got back from a weekend away in North Wales. As the ML (the workday car) was full of all sorts, I took the C200K. 7 years old, 70K on the clock.

What a relaxing journey. Seats as supportive as ever, smooth ride, a quiet cruise at the speed limit all the way, downhill and uphill. 2 hour drive, arrived refreshed. Returned today, journey was just as good. Overall 33 mpg. It's only a C class, a small engine, but it's still a great car.

Maybe Mercedes owners should adopt the M&S slogan- "It's not just motoring ... "

I like that..

"It's not just motoring, it's Mercedes-Benz motoring" :rock:

my car is 15 years old soon and i still love it more than any car ive ever owned or that any of my friends own

and my car is mean looking and is a he

I've only had my Benz for, what, seven weeks? Best decision I ever made. Makes me feel a million dollars driving it.

I am glad so many people like their Benz's. It would be a same if they didn't as they aren't exactly cheap to buy or run.

I love the car just as much, if not more, than the first day I drove it.
Unlike the wife!:eek:

Sorry, couldn't resist :eek:

I am off to rip my tree apart in rage.......

I bags 1st with Chrissy tree rage..........and its all there fault for getting up my nostrills with rubbish

Hercule Poirot:
"There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being, Hastings, cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away."

Not a bad observation for an imaginary bloke!

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom