I just saw Jimmy Page in my local supermarket!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Wow.

He was looking for pita bread.

So he actually eats, too?

;)

On the subject of meeting Led Zep personnel...

Back 1977 I had a motorcycle crash which resulted in me being on traction for a few weeks in The Brook Hospital (as was) in south London.

Anyway, it was a mixed sex orthopaedic ward and one day I spot Robert Plant wandering down the corridor in my general direction. Turns out he was visiting his Mum who was in a bed further down the ward. As he was pretty much in his "Golden God" days, needless to say it resulted in lots of swooning amongst the younger female nurses :D

Saw Morgan Freeman yesterday in Belfast, he was filming for a new Discovery series.

Kenny

I saw Elvis down the chip shop .....

Can't have been - he's living in Live Oak Florida and can be seen every Tuesday and Saturday night performing at the Suwannee River Open Stage. I know, I was there and talked to him and his wife - who comes from Canterbury!!! :bannana:

Elvis, as in Elvis costello? That was who he meant. Not Elvis obviously.

I saw Michael Jackson the other day. He is still wearing that white glove of his.

I know it was Michael because Elvis said it was.

Went on a tour to the Panama Canal locks earlier this year, the courier was called Elvis. We all seemed reluctant to use his name, funny that.

If you happen to be visiting the Hawaiian island of Maui, Mick Fleetwood (of Fleetwood Mac) lives on the island and owns a restaurant on Front Street in Lahaina - called "Fleetwood's", funnily enough. It's a good restaurant for the food, the ambience and the live music, albeit a little on the pricey side. Mick Fleetwood is a regular visitor and has been known to take over on drums for that evening's live band. Steve Tyler (of Aerosmith fame) also lives on Maui and frequents Fleetwood's fairly often, too.

In a local farm shop a few months ago and Joanna Lumley walked in, apparently quite a regular visitor to that farm shop as she has connections to our area. Promptly made a fool of myself!! She's as lovely a person in real life as on TV.

Peter Snow held a door open for me once.

Nice that he knew his place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not recent, but both David Coulthard and Martin Keown (not at the same time, I might add) walked towards and made eye contact with me on unpopulated Oxford streets. I've not been the same since! . Oddly enough they were both much shorter than I'd expected from seeing them on TV. Sort of scaled down versions, about 80%

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I heard on TV tonight that the average height of a Roman legionnaire was only 5ft 3, which is a lot shorter than I had imagined.

Many years ago the company I worked for was a large sponsor of the Mclaren F1 team.

I was allowed to sit in DC's Race Car. At 5'4 and weighing 9.5st It was a very tight fit. Rather like lying in a bath with your feet on the taps. Getting out required a team member either side lifting me - one under each arm.

I then had dinner with him and despite it being a sponsors dinner, which I thought he would "just get done with" he was interesting, enthusiastic, and charming. At the end of dinner he had to be reminded that his time was up. He then joined us for the rest of our tour (which he was not scheduled to do), where it was obvious that he was very popular member of the team, given the way that he was greeted at almost every turn in the factory.

I enjoyed my seat in his car, right up to the point where he was asked, were it true that sometimes he would pee in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom