I just wondered why........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
both the cars had the alpha's taped out as they travelled on the low loader?

Any thoughts?

IMG_0134.jpg

To prevent cloning.

Is it because the cars aren't taxed and insured in their own right??

So that the trailer's own plate is most prominent??

Last edited:
Theres a pound up the road from my Folks for crash damaged cars and all of the cars have their plates taped like this.

They are being taken to be crashed... so s PJH said.

It is illegal for a transporter such as this to display any number plate other than it's own. Any vehicle that is visable when being carried like this, should have it's plates removed or covered.

VOSA take a dim veiw of hgv's that are in breach of this , and it can have serious consequences for the operator.

It is illegal for a transporter such as this to display any number plate other than it's own. Any vehicle that is visable when being carried like this, should have it's plates removed or covered.

VOSA take a dim veiw of hgv's that are in breach of this , and it can have serious consequences for the operator.

Who in their right mind would think the plate on any of the cars being carried is at all relevant to the trucks?

Who in their right mind would think the plate on any of the cars being carried is at all relevant to the trucks?

Nobody of course, but the law is the law.

I suppose VOSA were running short of new legislation to invent one day, and thought that one up, yet another stupid pointless rule they can pull you over for.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this has something to do with ANPR cameras. And not confusing them.

Hi

I have asked this question already to a policeman friend of mine and he confirmed what others have said already

They confuse the Automatic Numer Plate Recognition Cameras, you would be surprised just how many their are out there, if a camera spots a number plate of a car that should not be on the road either due to no insurance, no MOT, or scrap, it will flag up on the police data base, these reading clog the system up and can cause them a few pains in the exit hole.

They are being taken to be crashed... so s PJH said.

They are going to a salvage company. My mate works at the one in Sandwich, Kent and he says it's to prevent cloning. (Just rang and asked him).
These will be sold on for spares (if damaged badly) or repair.
I bought a few some years back when I had the body shop and repaired them.

http://copart.co.uk/c2/home.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom