I know Mercedes parts can be dear, but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davo

Car
2002 C270 CDI, 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera Sport
This has already been mentioned on a 'replace your thermostat' thread but I thought I'd share it here...

On Saturday I went to my local dealer for a fuel pipe for my W203 C270, and was given the little card reader to put my Visa card in the slot and key my PIN number in.

I have the slip in front of me, they were trying to charge me £237,600.00!!!!! :crazy: :eek:

No doubt the Daily Mail could come along and photo me outside the gate, holding the slip and doing a 'sad face', but when I pointed out the fact that the number seemed a bit on the long side, the transaction was canceled and a new slip done for £23.76.

Last edited:
I would frame that;)

If the last 4 digits are your PIN number, change it ASAP.

My reader does this if the assistant fails to press "Enter" after typing in the amount.

I put my PIN into a machine at a curry house when plastered to realise I had entered my 4 digit PIN as the tip!

I put my PIN into a machine at a curry house when plastered to realise I had entered my 4 digit PIN as the tip!

I also managed to do this at a curry house, I had forgotten my glasses so could not read the screen properly!

@ Meldrew 2, will the MB dealer, or at least the lad who served me have my CC number along with my Pin number - I was given both slips for the Voided transaction at the time?

If so I may go out to an ATM to change it before he tries to buy a C63 or something.

If you have both slips you're fine. The terminal does not keep a copy AFAIK.

@ Meldrew 2, will the MB dealer, or at least the lad who served me have my CC number along with my Pin number - I was given both slips for the Voided transaction at the time?

If so I may go out to an ATM to change it before he tries to buy a C63 or something.

Not sure that there is much scope for fraud with just the card number and PIN.

Would have thought PIN would be useless without the card itself.

I worked as a waiter before.

Some rich guy told me his pin (I think he was too lazy to enter it)... Mind you, he was holding a black American Express card.

Major774 said:
I worked as a waiter before. Some rich guy told me his pin (I think he was too lazy to enter it)... Mind you, he was holding a black American Express card.
Is that how you bought the E55? Lol

:D

I bought a couple of bags of rabbit food and a bag of sawdust a while back which came to £5,700. Maybe a little bit steep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom