I Know That I Keep On . . . . . But

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not if they need to look like that..... 😳

More power to their elbow
Lets cut out batteries and go strsight to hydrogen

Personally i think batteries are a dead end - from an infrastructure perspective mainly. Given the cost and timetable for rolling out something as relatively straightforward as high speed broadband i just can't see how sufficient charging facilities will be feasible. Unless there is a significant change in the way we keep and use our vehicles. And of course with no guarantee that batteries are the future i see we are in a Betamax/VHS scenario. Hydrogen (or something similar) i would equate to VHS.

It may be that the 2 run in parallel
Hydrogen for long journeys: trucks, reps cars etc
Battery for short haul: school run, shops and so forth

There are a lot of worries out there, concerning high pressure hydrogen storage in a passenger vehicle (pressures up to 680 bar are likely).
Personnally, I am convinced that the storage issues can be over come.
All that is needed is the will to do it . . . . .and of course, the money to make it happen

I feel exactly the same way , they aren't going to give us the best answer straight away .

Unviable electric and will then tax electric for their toxic disposal of batteries .

All about money and maxing out a dated technology .

I'd rather have a hydrogen fuel cell car than battery pack EV.

My feelings . . . .Hy Cell is more like petrol and as a clanky, I prefer it to the mysteries of electrickery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom