I like period Recaro's as much as the next man .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would think the chances of turning up a nice pair of those is slim-to-none. Hence the price

A pair of replicas would probably be cheaper, but they wouldn't satisfy the obsessive owner

Nick Froome

Ouch! I just threw two Recaros away a few weeks ago, they had been in the loft for about 25 years........I was going to ebay them, but.......well........sod it, couldn't be bothered :dk:

Ouch! I just threw two Recaros away a few weeks ago, they had been in the loft for about 25 years........I was going to ebay them, but.......well........sod it, couldn't be bothered :dk:

They've got to sell them at 5 bags of sand first!

Might not get more than a ton in reality.

Who knows...

Oh no.

New Recaros aren't cheap.
The ones for my Defender were £4000 EACH!

Some years ago I threw away a Becker Mexico... :(

"Just an old radio", I thought....

off to the dump, sharpish...

Those period Recaros are stunning. Given the going rate for a good pair of 80s classics is close to £2000, I hardly think those are greatly over-priced.

Those period Recaros are stunning. Given the going rate for a good pair of 80s classics is close to £2000, I hardly think those are greatly over-priced.

Bummer........they even had two pairs of head rests with them, a pair of standard and a pair of "tennis racket" type........oh well, easy come easy go :rolleyes:

Classics are not a great comparison, a better comparison would be say a set of roll tops or porsche low backs, mint pairs of either of those go for at most a grand and although these seats are stunning IMO they are not significantly different to justify an extra 4 grand ! But like anything rare they are only worth what someone is prepared to pay.

You only put your ar*e in them!

New Recaros aren't cheap.
The ones for my Defender were £4000 EACH!

Apparently people are nicking the Recaro seats out of Audi RS models and it writes the car off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom