I need a new radiator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blondebier

Hi Guys,

My 190D (2.5 auto) needs a new radiator... :doh:

The current one is made by BEHR.

Any idea where the best(as in cheapest) place would be to get one from?

I'm going to try the usual suspects ECP and GSF, but wandered if there were any other options?

Cheers,

Blondebier

Worth a phone call to Boston Radiators, Maud st, Boston, 01205 369555, just sometimes they get the price right.

Hi Guys,

My 190D (2.5 auto) needs a new radiator... :doh:

The current one is made by BEHR.

Any idea where the best(as in cheapest) place would be to get one from?

I'm going to try the usual suspects ECP and GSF, but wandered if there were any other options?

Cheers,

Blondebier

i got a radiator recored for just £100. worth getting quote for if the replacement is expensive, but suspect ECP will have one for a 190

I bought a new one for my old 406 from a chap on Ebay in Doncaster. Haven't a clue what his ID was, but the radiator was just the job - correct in every way, and I would recommend him (if only I could remember what his Ebay handle was!:doh:).

I've had two radiators from GSF: Nissens, made in Denmark. After four and five years of use, there have been no problems. They were one third of the price of the MB option. One of the cars had a staggering history of four MB radiators being fitted over two or three years; they all seem to have failed. I wonder if that was all about the quality of fitting (at an MB main dealer).

Thanks Guys.

I contacted Boston Radiators - Unfortunately no stock.
Northern only do pattern parts.

MB want £320, but they don't have any stock either and it would need to come from Germany.

If you can find that eBay user Corned I'd be very grateful.

Euro is your best bet..

Nissens are good but if you can get an OEM Behr one, id go for it..

Euro?? They can get them surely.
Apparently not. I was quite surprised. I've tried an outfit up near you called All Makes Radiator, and he's going to give me a call in the morning.

I didn't think it would be that hard.

If anyone else is looking for a BEHR part, they are now part of the Hella group. (They may have been for some time.)

I'm going to call them in the morning to see if I can get one direct from them.

Their website is pretty good and has an online catalogue so you can find the exact part for your car. (You can even match it to the MB part number)

Their web address is : Home | Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.

Speak to Dave or Tom at All Makes, if they cant get it, you are stuffed.
They are the best and I buy all my stuff from them...

I didnt recommend them before as I thought you would be too far away.

Thanks. It looks like getting a BEHR isn't going to happen.

It looks like my options are J.DEUS or NISSENS.

Thanks for all the links guys. I opted for a unit made by Nissens in the end as I read a few good reports of them on here.

I ordered one from Boston Radiators(Thanks bennesspipers :thumb:), so fingers crossed that will arrive tomorrow.

I'm hoping I made the right choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom