I need a very big box.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Looking for a box approx 200 x 60 x 50 cms to ship something to Malta. I could cut it down to size if it's bigger but needs to be 200 cms to accommodate a pair of sills.

Any ideas where I could buy or obtain such a thing?

That is very long. Do a Google search, there are plenty, but couldn't see one that size!

What you actually need are two boxes about 120x60x50 and then make one longer box from them.

That will make your hunt so much easier ...

What you actually need are two boxes about 120x60x50 and then make one longer box from them.

That will make your hunt so much easier ...

I had considered that but it will contain a quite heavy full bodykit (bumpers & all) & I'm a bit worried that it would make it to it's destination in one piece.

Ski roof box?

Or what do skis come in when they get delivered to shops?

We have a local packaging company that'll make a box any size or shape we want. I can't imagine they're unique, although getting a one off made probably wouldn't be particularly cheap.

I did think perhaps a cardboard coffin would suit, but on reflection that's not a smart idea.. it's going to get opened, isn't it, even if you write "does not contain a body" on the outside.. :eek:

Cheers,

Gaz

........... even if you write "does not contain a body" on the outside.. :eek:

But it does contain a body ............................................................................................................................ well, a body kit :devil:

I had considered that but it will contain a quite heavy full bodykit (bumpers & all) & I'm a bit worried that it would make it to it's destination in one piece.

Shorter boxes, overlapped and heavily taped would be very strong in the middle - precisely where you want the strength to be as that is potentially where the package would get lifted from.

^^ What he said.

Couple of sheets of 8x4 ply (2.4 x 1.2m in new money), only has to be really cheap stuff.

Easier, better, safer than cardboard for international shipping.

Will

I would also make it from wood, ask your buyer to pay as im sure he wont want his bodykit damaged in transit.

Just go to a local bodyshop and get a bumper box

DSCF3561 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The above has a 129 bumper in it, but bumpers for all makes of cars seem to come in giant coffin sized triple wall boxes, they only get thrown away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom