I need another track car, M3.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very neat. Where did the duct connector/chamber come from? It looks rather OE.

Very neat. Where did the duct connector/chamber come from? It looks rather OE.

It's actually a 3D printed item, or looks very much like it, from Hard Motorsport. there's an M6 bolt in the middle of the openings to secure it to the chassis.

It's extremely neat, as every other effort meant cable-tying the ducting out of the way of the tyre or crazy routing. This is so neat it hurts.

HARD Motorsport E9X Brake Cooling Ducts - Chamber Style

I've always thought 3 series were fine looking cars and in M3 guise they are very stylish indeed.

Enjoy Pete :thumb:.

Well it was almost another full wet day, but it finally dried up around 2pm which meant I got a couple of dry sessions in.

Setup needs work, what worked in the wet isn't that good in dry. Went up on the clickers which helped but the car needs corner-weighting and proper geo. The tyres aren't heating up evenly being colder on the side than outside which immediately suggests a lack of neg camber.

Video https://youtu.be/eONqgLMh9Ns

Some great driving there Pete, you did well to stay near that Caterham if only for a few corners!

Some great driving there Pete, you did well to stay near that Caterham if only for a few corners!

Thanks Lee :thumb:

A Caterham/Lotus 7 type car is so nimble around the bends, and one with a powerful light engine is a real weapon. I'll be dragging mine out soon! :bannana:

Whoops..... these items mysteriously appeared outside my house today.

Light-hearted comparison between and old man (me) and a young kid (Jon, 21) who has just started racing. He was adamant that he'd be way faster so was quite distraught when I got the fastest lap after reviewing the footage lol.

He's put together a side-by side comparison but I see he's used my very first flying lap of the one dry session I had and cherry picked his best sectors :D the most blatant being the last one when I'm not even in the car giving an instant 130kg weight advantage lol. The times on the phone are quite telling too, though we loaded the wrong layout on purpose as no timing is allowed, it's just there to stop and start the GoPro automatically.

https://youtu.be/fYBAU7UxuaU

Seats in today. Complete **** of a job and it took two of us all afternoon (thanks Jon), involved elongating holes in the side mounts to match the Macht Snell floor mounts.

Anyway, these fit me so much better and the hardness straps and holes are perfect for me, very happy with this choice over the Imola, noticeable how much more support these offer. I just need to find another set of the Schroth harnesses for the passenger seat for less than the £400 they cost.

I very bravely chickened out of fitting the Varis wing, it got very complicated when I saw the double skin when the boot liner was removed. I need an expert to do this lol.

These are really light.

Big Gay Wing. I bullied Jon into installing it whilst I was far away doing the Mother's Day thing with the family. A few items bought and a couple of YouTube videos watched made it easy apparently.

How much weight do you think you've saved so far Pete?

Will know for sure on Easter Friday. Car is being corner weighted and geo setup. Standard seats were 28kg, saved 40kg just there, the cage adds 20ish kg, then the rear seat and sound insulation and carpet, maybe 20? Might net out around 40, or I might be miles out.

Interested in where you have clipped the harness lap straps to. Looks unconventional?

Interested in where you have clipped the harness lap straps to. Looks unconventional?

Not really, all FIA compatible. As the harness strap anchor points are critical to prevent them breaking your spine in a sudden stop, and because drivers of this car vary a lot in dimentions, this solution is the best.

Eye bolts in a harness bar, either on top, under, back front, all all legit. :thumb:

Not really, all FIA compatible. As the harness strap anchor points are critical to prevent them breaking your spine in a sudden stop, and because drivers of this car vary a lot in dimentions, this solution is the best.

Eye bolts in a harness bar, either on top, under, back front, all all legit. :thumb:

I see the shoulder straps, that's all pukka. The lap straps I'm asking about. They look to disappear under the back of the seat somewhere?

Ah, I didn't read your post properly, sorry. Lap belts anchor to eyebolts underneath the seat attached to the floor mounts.

I get your point Gazz - can't see what the lap straps connect to.

Any reason you have gone for 4 point, not 6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom