I need another track car, M3.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is a great pic :)

I attended DN18 a few weeks ago (met Dunc) with the aim to learn the track layout and not die. This is my 2nd visit to the ring, in October last year I did 3 laps in the pissing rain, 1 in my E63 Estate and 2 in a Rent4Ring Swift.

I'm now up to 25 or 26 laps and have learnt the layout but not necessarily the perfect lines, or how to override my right foot's decision to back off in corners where my brain wants to keep it flat. The confidence in the flat-out corners will come with more experience and laps I think.

I wasn't chasing laptimes but after reviewing the video I see my best was an 8:25, with around 10 seconds lost following a slower car through Hatzenbach, could have been 8:15 maybe.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My buddy Jon came along to show me how it's done. He regularly goes sub 8min by quite a way.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Before the track day I managed to join the Bongard club when the car developed a problem with an injector in the car park. At least I can say my car has been worked on at Team Schirmer's place.

I got papped at the ‘ring, I really like how the car looks here. Perfect angle and a nice level of shininess.

RYp7BxN.jpg

#topmanpeter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom