I need help tracing an archived road test of w124 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Ladies and Gents.

back in the 90's, TOP GEAR with Jeremy Clarkson did a road test between a W124 E36 AMG coupe and a bmw amplina e36 coupe.

This was broadcast some time between 1994 and 1996.

The Mercedes E36 AMG coupe was a black/grey colour one similar to the one below:

amgw124coupe.jpg

I am trying to trace this video in an archive some where..

any suggestions???..as the BBC archive department has thus far been useless and clearly our tax payers money is being spent on stupid salaries and fines opposed to useful public serving facilities such as a search and trace area!

Last edited:
Don't know if you have tried it, but you may want to check out youtube/dailymotion on the likes have seen some old roadtests from the mid 90s on there. Although, i must admit i would have noticed if i had seen that 1 in particular.
Happy searching..

I have tried the obvious you tube and online video resources, but had no luck.

Been bugging me a lil lol.. wish i knew... arghh

Has anyone actually seem this footage? the bmw was an alpina in white with the paddle buttons behind the steering wheel, the e36 amg was in black, and it was such a powerful video... i have it taped somewhere.. but havent a clue where any more though :(

Too early??

This probably aired before the huge proliferation of digital technology to archive or copy video outwith its professional production environment. People forget what a relatively recent innovation digital/computer "home video" is. This means that before a certain date its highly unlikely such footage is available unless someone enthusiastic enough ( and with access to the original material) is prepared to post on U tube or other public access website. So if you havn't found it on Utube etc its probably not out there.:( No harm in asking of course.;)
p.s. enjoyed your cabriolet pics

Last edited:
i am bringing this thread back to life :)

i still want to see if anyone know of this feature that was on the then top gear.

i would love to know.. BBC is possibly a route, but anyone have a contact for achives?

Yeah, will need to dig out and try to work out how to migrate over to the laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom