I need some help sending a package to china

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
Hi,

I have an account with TNT and they say I need "commercial invoices" for customs before I can send them.

Does anyone have an example of one as I have never heard or seen of this before.

I need help!!

I would double check whether the chinese authorities - ie customs - have any special requirements for these commercial invoices. An invoice that might seem perfectly acceptable to you might not be to the chinese customs. The customs clearing agents working for the freight forwarding company (presumably TNT do their own if they are registered as a clearing agent over there) will know precisely what to put on it. I speak from personal experience of getting goods in and out of Russia, a similarly bureaucratic nation. Goods need to be described to fit into the best available import duty category so rather than let them guess, point them in the correct direction. All my experience was long ago and things do change but my suspicion is that china is no different. My personal effects were held at Vladivostock airport for 8 weeks because I had computer disks in one package and the rules for software said they all had to be listed individually and checked for viruses. Not quite the same thing I agree but still - it pays to be careful.
Les

hi
Dose the guy the other end have a personal import account with china customs
I work for Rohan and we cant / dont send to china unless they have this type of account its ok if its a busniess you could try DHL website that who we use for overseas
benzowners right you do need three copys of the invoice / paperwork showing costing and compersite of items on the outside of the box
JOHN

Hi,

I have an account with TNT and they say I need "commercial invoices" for customs before I can send them.

Does anyone have an example of one as I have never heard or seen of this before.

I need help!!

I've sent items to the States and I'm sure when I sent them, it was just an indication of what was being carried and its approximate value. Ideally if you quote the item on the item as USED, it (may) not cause a problem with customs but dont quote me (excuse the pun).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom